Position: Compensation & Benefits Manager
The US Benefits Operations Manager will be an integral part of the Oerlikon Americas HR region and reports directly to the HR Shared Services Manager position. The chosen candidate will provide operational leadership and oversight for the benefits support function, providing strong direction to achieve HR performance and service delivery goals.
- Manages multiple aspects of benefit plans and programs such as annual enrollment, wellness, 401(k) plans and vendor coordination
- Addresses benefits inquiries and troubleshoots by researching, analyzing, identifying root cause, and resolving issues and discrepancies in a professional, timely, and courteous manner
- Manages benefit contributions, deductions, billing, funding and reconciliations for all plans
- Coordinates leave of absence, FMLA, short-term disability, workers compensation and COBRA benefits
- Supports benefits system setup, monitors file feeds and maintains benefits data quality and accuracy
- Establishes, maintains, and improves benefits data processes and documentation, data requirements, workflows, integration points, etc. to increase automation, efficiency, and/or quality
- Monitors and tracks SLAs with multiple external benefits vendors, ensuring adherence to established performance standards
- Helps prepare and oversee benefit program communications including promotional material preparation, content development for educational sessions, annual plan notice distribution and other communications
- Ensures compliance with Oerlikon policies, state and federal laws/regulations, including the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), and participates in required audits.
- Prepares internally and/or legally required reports, requested by federal and state agencies, such as the IRS, Department of Labor, and other regulatory agencies
- Produces internal benefit analytics to highlight program successes and recommends opportunities for improvement
- Completes external benefits benchmarking surveys accurately and timely
- Partners with rewards team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of hands-on experience in all aspects of benefits administration
- Subject matter expertise in federal and state benefit and tax legislation, including ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA and ACA
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office software
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional communication, project management and time management skills
- Understanding of Employee Self-Service/Portal and 3rd party interfaces
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.