Position: Argon Recovery Sysytem (ARS) Operator
Location: Troy, MI
An Argon Recovery System Operator safely operate the ARS system to deliver atomization gas to the melting area and collect Argon gas for recovery from melting process, following job instructions. This will include basic understanding of all flows in the ARS process, monitoring tank levels and recovery performance, controlling valves for gas and liquid handling, and inspection of equipment including the tank farm. Other activities associated with position include, maintenance of accurate production records, basic knowledge of furnace and basin preparation, and assisting in the cleaning of the atomization system between alloys.
- Meets or exceeds all safety, environmental, and health goals for department.
- Meets or exceeds quality goals for production orders.
- Meets or exceeds productivity targets. Notifies lead or supervisor about any problems.
- Contributes to continual improvement activities.
- Operation and monitoring of argon recovery equipment used for handling the gas atomization of nickel and cobalt based alloys. This will include system set up, system monitoring, gas flow selection, system purges, and providing reporting of process data. It is important that the furnace operator maintain a constant awareness of the condition of the recovery process.
- Set, adjust, and monitor system pressures, temperatures, and flows based on specific instructions.
- The ARS system operator often assists with cleaning the furnace and atomization tank between alloys. The ARS operator is responsible for the cleanliness of his / her work area.
- The ARS operator utilizes process parameters as specified in the system logs, or by the process engineer. Accurate records are maintained of heats poured noting characteristics such as start and stop time, gas pressures, temperatures, and collection efficiency.
- The ARS operator is responsible for the collecting and compiling reports from tanker truck delivery and process usage data, maintaining environmental and safety logs, as well as issuing daily production reports.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School diploma or vocational technical training
- Basic math skills and organization ability
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to perform physical tasks, i.e. lifting, bending
- Ability to safely operate cranes and powered industrial vehicles
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts
- Ability to work either 1st shift or 2nd