Title: PrC Application Engineer - CSC PrC
Location: Elgin, IL
The PrC Application Engineer will focus primarily on new coating application, coating modification, process development, customer’s project management, superior technical solutions and advanced analysis. This position is accountable for accomplishing technical initiatives aligned with the Precision Components coating business. The PrC Application Engineer converts strategic customer needs into safe, commercially viable, high quality solutions that meet cost and timing targets. He reports to PrC ASC Assistant MGR.
- Create and execute plans in collaboration with Sales and Operations to increase the introduction of new coating technologies and processes that help profitably expand the company’s geographic and industrial footprint.
Provide technical review and support to Sales during quotation process.
Lead the implementation of PrC projects from the prototype level to production.
Responsible for the technical realization of all process steps including coating, testing, fixturing, cleaning and other pre- and post-treatments.
Interacts with Sales, Operation and Quality to provide technical solutions and make sure the requirements of successfully applying coating to customers’ parts.
Follows the Oerlikon Balzers POM processes and documentations.
Implement CRM sample handling.
- Provide leadership in sync with the ASC’s Core Function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline required.
- Minimum of 5 years of overall business experience in a science & engineering company.
- Ability and experience in building capital and project plans to support products and customers’ needs.
- Broad experience in research and development for developing products and solutions from idea generation and new product launch to commercial success.
- Work experience in PVD, PACVD, PPD and/or surface treatments industry is required (e.g., General Engineering, Medical and Aerospace, etc.).
- Travel Requirement: 40-50 %