Position: Additive Manufacturing Technician
Location: Charlotte, NC
The Additive Manufacturing Technician will be a key member of the core additive manufacturing team in Oerlikon’s Additive Manufacturing Competency Center which focuses exclusively on metal additive manufacturing using powder bed processes. This position will be work in an R&D environment as opposed to production and as such a person who enjoys problem solving is required.
- The Additive Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for setup, operation, and maintenance of the Additive Manufacturing systems in the competence center.
- He/She will also operate other lab/machining equipment as required such as wire EDM and also powder and bulk materials characterization hardware.
- This individual will also be responsible for following internal documentation procedures.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a technical capacity with a manufacturing company
- Associates degree in an engineering discipline or relevant experience required
- Ability to work in a team-based collaborative environment where priorities may shift regularly
- The ability to troubleshoot operational issues and relay information to the team is a must
- Self-motivation is a must and the ability to work independently once tasked is required
- Experience working with basic shop tools required
- Intermediate to Expert level skill with MS Office
- Intermediate to Expert level skill with 3D CAD software
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Basic ordering and shipping experience
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing or working with metal powders
- Experience working with Magics by Materialise
- Additive Manufacturing hardware specific software
- Experience working with Solid Works or Inventor
- Additive Manufacturing powder bed systems, wire EDM experience
- Basic understanding of machine tools and heat treating
- Experience with SAP preferred
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in surface solutions, advanced materials and materials processing.
A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13 500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015.
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, retirement security contribution and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.