Location: Elgin, IL
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
Process all orders according to the Travelling Card.
Able to prepare the coating system, build and break the loads, load and unload the chamber, change the magnetic systems and input process parameters in the operator screen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loads the Substrates from the cleaning baskets to fixtures and visually inspects the substrates for cleanliness and is responsible for the substrates in his care.
- Load the carousel in accordance with the Training Instructions and Recipe Information.
- Correctly adjust and check the flickers – Operation of Loading Platform and Tables.
- Load and unload the carousel form the chamber – Carousel Exchanging system.
- Visually inspect the carousel for dust and contamination prior to loading.
- Prepares the chamber in accordance with the BTS Standards Operating Instruction Manual.
- Input process data and start process.
- Visually inspects the Substrates after coating for correct flicker function and colour.
- Unloads the fixtures from Carousel.
- Fill in Batch Protocols
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Is responsible for specified 80 batch cleaning tasks
Is responsible for 5 S Program in the coating room area
Be able to operate all primary and secondary operations prior to and after coating process.
Basic technical knowledge
Attention to detail
Successfully completed the relevant training modules as defined by BTS
- Basic Vacuum Technology
- Loading Overview
- Load Guidelines
- Avoiding Mistakes
- Batch to Batch Exchange
- Daily and Weekly Maintenance
- 80 Batch Cleaning (assist)
- Relationship with co-workers
- Equipment downtime
- Equipment utilization
- Adherence to Balzers Standards
- On time delivery
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: A High School diploma is required.
Familiarity with Balzers coating system operation highly desirable
Knowledge of vacuum technology is desirable
Experience in industrial tooling or a related industry is desirable
Machine shop experience is desirable
- Willingness to perform in a team environment.
- Motivated and creative self-starter with a positive attitude
- Ability to understand customer demands.
- Appropriate technical knowledge of production processes
Job Setting/Social Conditions/Environmental:
Fast paced production environment.
Clean and Organized Facility Environmental Controlled
Must Be able to work any shift.