Oerlikon Metco | Westbury
This position offers opportunity to develop supply chain management skills that are critical for the success of any manufacturing business. Position will give exposure to complex, global supply chain serving multiple global locations of Oerlikon Metco and develop and implement innovative solutions to make significant improvements to the business. Advancement opportunities for candidates that can make positive contributions are diverse.
- Prepare request for information, request for quote.
- Identify new high potential suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with sourcing process.
- Maintain sourcing records and database.
- Follow-up and resolve epidemic quality and availability issues.
- Conduct analysis of spend and identify opportunities for continuous improvement in area of cost, quality and service.
- Maintain and manage independent charge for assigned purchases.
- Act as a back-up to maintain support for essential activities of Sourcing group.
- Ability to travel to supplier locations - 10% travel estimated.
- College degree. Technical, business or supply chain major preferred.
- 2-3 years previous experience in supply chain management, procurement, strategic sourcing is desirable but not necessary.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Previous experience with SAP desirable. Ability to develop mastery of ERP system in short period of time.
- Communication - ability to prepare small presentations to the team, communicate cross functionality to peers and superiors.
- Organization - able to manage their own time and maintain record of multiple projects and current status.
We have a great Benefits package including tuition reimbursement and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application.
- Advertised Since
P: +1 516 338 2560
Oerlikon Metco (US) Inc.
1101 Prospect Ave
11590-0201 Westbury, NY
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.