Senior Project Engineer / Project Manager
Oerlikon Metco | Westbury, NY
Perform as the Senior Project / Facilities Engineer & Project Manager for a variety of small to medium (typical in range of 0.01 to 3 Mill US$) Capital Investment and process improvement projects for Materials Manufacturing in New York. Responsible for all phases of such projects from preparation, planning and execution, project tracking and project related reporting and communication. This role reports to the Head of Materials Operations / RD in Westbury, NY.
- Responsible for preparation, planning and execution of all phases of capital and other medium to large process improvement projects for the Materials plant.
- Serve as project team leader & project engineer and coordinates & directs all project related internal and external activities & resources. Manages projects in regards to safety, schedule, profit, and achieving project targets.
- Coordinate and work with managers, engineers, operations and other company resources to find best solution and to develop project scope and conceptual design /equipment selection/technical solution and /or draft layouts.
- Develop project execution plan including identifying required resources, communications plan, procurement plan, schedules, budgets etc. and carry out risk assessment.
- Coordinates with the operations team to ensure that project Plans are consistent with operational constraints.
- Communicates & aligns effectively with EHS/Facilities, vendors, suppliers, and others throughout the design and planning phase of projects.
- Develop vendor relationships and provide written detailed scope of work specifications for subcontractors and vendors. Prepare bid package for procurement / purchasing department.
- Responsible to monitor and regularly and accurately communicate the project status, including schedule, financial status, risk assessment, quality, safety and other key areas to project stakeholders.
- Secure required permits and licenses for project for successful project completion complying with all safety, quality, and environmental laws and regulations.
- Contribute with project ideas.
- Other assignments related to Manufacturing engineering or project management might be assigned.
- Able to work under time pressure & stress and stay calm in times of conflict
- Able to multitask.
Interact with a variety of departments.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field / equivalent (preferred).
- 5 + years of experience as a Sen project / process engineer managing multiple capital and process improvement projects and a thorough understanding of processes, principles and methodologies of project management.
- Ability to read engineering design drawings and specifications.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or supervisory skills.
- Ability to investigate, analyze critical situations in a non-emotional manner is vital.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organization levels, including senior management.
- Ability to manage projects and drive change initiatives.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft products required; Knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
We have a great Benefits package including tuition reimbursement and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application.
- Advertised Since
Human Resources Specialist
P: 516 338 2295
Oerlikon Surface Solutions
1101 Prospect Avenue
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.