Head of Group Operational Excellence
Oerlikon Corporate | Kelsterbach
Head of Group Operational Excellence (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Head of Group Operational Excellence (m/f/d) based in Germany, alternatively in Liechtenstein or in Switzerland.
As Head of Group Operational Excellence you are personally responsible for overseeing all operational and business improvement programs in the Group. As such you are a member of the Global Business Services Team (GBS) and report directly to the Head GBS, a member of the managing board. Each of the projects will be managed on a day to day basis by a dedicated project manager in the Segment or Business Unit in which the project is being conducted. Selected projects are executed under your responsibility or with your direct support. You are responsible for the cross segmental workgroup and the development and implementation and follow up (PDCA cycle) of basic operation standards, tools and methodologies. You ensure best practice sharing and exchange within the OOE Community at Oerlikon and further develop the OOE framework and new tools and systems, e.g. based on digitalization.
- Define and implement standards within Operations
- Identify and transfer operations best practice across sites, Business Units and Segments
- Ensure that the methodologies used, the quality of the work, the reporting of the results and the continuous tracking of tasks and objectives are consistently implemented
- Harmonize operations KPI's in engineering and operations across the group
- Provide Benchmark figures and data, to the Segment operations
- Periodically report to the GBS on the progress of the projects on an aggregate basis, supply the data that the PMO requires to update the master project scorecard and escalate issues and roadblocks to the Head of GBS as soon as they are identified
- Develop production strategies incl. geographical footprint jointly with the Segments Business Units as well as the corresponding process of industrialization of products that will provide clear roadmaps for new products and an important input to their market introduction, business development and sales plans
- Implement identified improvement potential in existing operations, ensuring that optimization of operations finds its way into the P&L account
- Guide and advice sites in operational Excellence activities
- Provide information and results regarding new methodologies and technologies to the Segments and Business Units
- Select new technologies to further improve the competitiveness in manufacturing and assembling
- Coordinate new technology projects
- Install and operate a system of continuous improvement in operations and define its mid to long-term goals and cost for reaching them
- Secure, in close cooperation with the Segment Operation Heads, a sustainable continuous improvement process with transparent performance measurements
- At least 8 year experience in international operations, professional with multi-site management know how.
- Has worked within an international framework where ensuring loading of different sites is done on a cost effective manner
- Strong process optimization track record
- Must have built up or downsized operations and adjusted processes to accommodate size
- Has been close to new production technology development or has at least connection through Universities or suppliers to state of the art equipment and tools
- Experience with and use of operations management tools and assets
- Able to motivate, energize and convince people through arguments and personality rather than through authority
- Knowledge and experience of a project management tool such as MS-Project
- Strong communication Skills
- Engineering education with strong business and operations background
- Project management experience in a PM environment as project manager
- Experience in Site Management with manufacturing, assembly and process activities
- Track record in Lean Manufacturing and Operational Excellence in an international environment
- Fluent English is a must, German would be an asset
- Willingness to travel
- Global challenging tasks in a Global Technology Group
- Mix of hands-on and theoretical work together with experienced people
- Chance to enhance a Global Operational Excellence System
- Close contact to Business leaders to define overall Operational Excellence tasks
- Collecting and reporting of OOE KPI's to Managing Board
- Define strategies together with Business Leaders in increase OOE Improvements
- Support Improvement projects directly on-site with your experience and creativity
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our online tool and we kindly ask you not to send your application via email.
All applications will be treated as confidential.
Oerlikon (SIX: OERL) engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth, and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of over 9 500 employees at 171 locations in 37 countries. In 2017, Oerlikon generated CHF 2.1 billion in restated sales and invested around CHF 100 million in R&D.
- Advertised Since
P: +49 6142 6033 103
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.