Sr. HR Generalist
Surface Solutions Segment | Shelton
Position: Sr. Human Resources Generalist
Location: Shelton, CT
Position Summary and Essential Accountabilities:
Does the term “business partner” sound like your flavor of HR expertise yet you still enjoy rolling up your sleeves and keeping your tactical skills sharp? If this defines you then this critical role a Sr. HR Generalist with our team is perfect for you! In this role you get to go beyond consulting and operations and truly partner with line managers to help master people topics and processes.
Supported by highly skilled leaders and colleagues, our Sr. Generalists enjoy rewarding work in employee relations, performance management, recruiting/staffing, HRIS and management coaching. Working in tandem with Americas Centers of Expertise, you’ll also get to tackle exciting projects and implement critical initiatives in support of integration, continuous improvement and other innovations! Make Oerlikon more than just “the next job” on your resume, come join our expanding, people-focused high performing team of experts! We look forward to your application!
- At least 2-4 years of Human Resources management experience preferably supporting multiple site operations, with exposure to manufacturing
- That you are passionate about education and you have a bachelor’s degree. A Master’s in business, HR or the equivalent is preferred but HR certification is also acceptable.
- You understand talent acquisition is more than just a coined term and a process. You know how to seek out and retain the best people and that you practice your craft.
- Onboard all new hires into the company and creating a delightful new hire experience
- You believe modern HR practices sit on the foundation which is excellent data.
- That confidentiality is a given when it comes to what you can and can’t share.
- To you, the terms performance management and talent development are connected with business profitability, retention, employee growth, and employee compensation.
- You know that paying people correctly and on time is an HR fundamental.
- Your belief is that communicating key messages is done with more than just an email!
- Transformation is your super power! Implementing and driving organization changes through communication and strong working relationships is your idea of fun!
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft, Payroll and HRIS tools
- Ensure proper payroll processes and internal controls are documented and “being lived”
- Support HR team to maintain a high level of Employee Engagement/Satisfaction
- A high level of attention to customer service and support when working with stakeholders
- 10% travel would be perfect for you because you believe in person relationships foster success!
We provide more than just competitive pay and benefits packages, Oerlikon provides growth opportunity, training and development and work life balance. Oerlikon is, above all, a company dedicated to quality and built on a strong foundation of innovation, excellence, long-term commitments and entrepreneurial spirit.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services. Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.
- Advertised Since
Talent Acquisition Manager AMERICAS
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.