Surface Solutions – Balzers Industrial Solutions | Elgin
Position: Quality Engineer
Location: Elgin, IL
In this critical position you will provide leadership and a hands on approach to problem-solving to ensure customers are fully satisfied with the company’s service.
The Quality Engineer will report to the Regional Quality Manager and maintain the quality system within the Elgin service center.
- Drive corrective and preventive actions using KPI inputs with a focus on effective root-cause analysis.
- Support quality planning process.
- Provide product quality analysis via various testing methodologies. Support Material Review and disposition of non-conforming product.
- Manage Quality System documentation, gauge inventory, audits, reporting of quality system status/key process indicators.
- Train production personnel in quality system requirements, processes, and procedures as required.
- Minimum 4 year degree in Quality, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Proven experience with APQP / PPAP disciplines
- 2+ years of experience in a quality engineering role within a manufacturing and/or production environment
- 2+ years of experience implementing and executing ISO 9001:2015 / ISO 13485
- Ability to effectively use problem-solving tools such as Pareto Charts, SPC methodologies, cause and effect diagrams as well as 8D or similar problem solving experience
- Action oriented individual who drives for results in managing the Quality Management System.
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Computer proficiency to include Windows, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong familiarity with various inspection equipment.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.