Electrical Mechanical Maintenance Service Technician 2nd & 3rd Shift Openings - Geneva, IL
Surface Solutions Segment | Geneva
Electrical Mechanical Maintenance Technician (2nd & 3rd Shift Opportunities) - Geneva, IL
Individual will work within the production facility and/or Region and will be primarily responsible for performing, documenting, and scheduling all maintenance tasks related to servicing coating and all support equipment within an assigned facility. Individual will be expected to perform maintenance as defined in existing Equipment Manuals as well as inventory spare parts. The Service Technician plays a key leadership role in directing and improving the performance of existing equipment which directly impacts the overall production output within a facility. The position may indirectly supervise the work of others as well as require informal mentoring/ coaching of others.
- Maintenance of Center Equipment – Provide preventative and emergency maintenance on all production and facility equipment such as coaters, carousels, blasters, cleaning lines, air compressors, etc. Provide appropriate documentation as required. Ensure machines are maintained to BHQ and PTT standards
- Spare Parts – Plan, purchase and maintain proper inventory levels required to minimize downtime, yet control inventory dollars as required.
- Safety – Ensure safety measures are met, technicians are practicing safe work habits.
- Organization – Keep a clean, well organized work area, including power alleys, support systems and equipment
- Training – provide training for coating technicians in areas such as load building, batch-to-batch exchanges, and 80 batch maintenance
- Participate as a key member of the Management team within the production facility
- 2 year degree (AA) and/or relevant industry certification in an electro-mechanical discipline. Equivalent experience may be substitute.
- 2+ years’ experience working with vacuum technology, automotive, HVAC, and/or industrial equipment repair
- Experience interpreting various mechanical and electrical schematics along with the ability to troubleshoot equipment using schematics
- Must be detailed-oriented with a strong work-ethic and a possess a sense of urgency to be successful
- Must be accessible 24 hours a day per scheduleto respond to service emergencies which could lead to equipment failure/ downtime
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.