R&D Administrative Assistant
Surface Solutions – Metco Aero & Energy | Westbury
R&D Administrative Assistant
- POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the VP of Global Materials R&D, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for document control of new product specifications as well as product specification change processes that were generated by the R&D engineers. In addition the Administrative Assistant will also compile monthly reports with R&D metrics related to new product sales analysis and product launches. Other administrative duties might be assigned as required.
- PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage new product specification releases and engineering change notification action items.
Ensure that new specifications and specification change requests are routed, reviewed, approved, controlled and implemented in accordance with established procedures within the ETQ Quality Management System.
Ensure compliance to established document control and record retention procedures.
Compile monthly R&D metrics for reporting, including new product sales, product launches against planned schedules and determination of DTP (delivery to promise) of new products.
Manage SAP reports related to new product sales data and calculation of Vitality Index (new product sales as percentage of total sales), analysis of the data to determine trends, and present the data in suitable graphs.
Review scheduled product launch dates and liaise with R&D engineers to update changes to product launch dates and project phase changes.
Provide support to the R&D and Applications groups on various administrative duties related to expense reports, e-time records, purchasing card transactions, order of stationary supplies, arrangement and planning of global meetings and coordination of international travel schedules, and other administrative activities.
Give constant feedback and input into process improvement within the document management and new product introduction.
III. QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience with using electronic Quality Management System solutions) in a Manufacturing/Industrial environment.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, in particular proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and data analysis. SAP knowledge an advantage.
- Ability and experience in gathering and analyzing data in Excel and plot trends in suitable graphs.
- Strong ability to multi-task and to meet business deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work.
- Can handle sensitive information with integrity and confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and accurate data management.
- Communication, collaboration, team work and interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Motivated self-starter, must maintain excellent attendance.
- Bachelor’s degree will be beneficial.
Part-time role - 3 days a week, or alternatively 5 days a week morning’s only
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.