Surface Solutions – Metco Aero & Energy | Troy
Position: Furnace Operator
Location: Troy, MI
Meets or exceeds safety, quality and production goals. Safely prepare, melt, and atomize metal powder following job instructions. This will include loading the furnace with raw materials, purging down with inert gas, power-up, taking temperatures, inspecting, and pouring the molten metal from a hydraulically positioned induction furnace. Support activities associated with position include preparation and maintenance of the refractory furnace lining, maintenance of accurate production records, delivery of atomized product to the screening area, and cleaning the furnace and atomization system between alloys.
- Meets or exceeds all safety, environmental, and health goals for department.
- Meets or exceeds quality goals for production orders.
- Meets or exceeds productivity targets.
- Notifies lead or supervisor about any problems.
- Contributes to continual improvement activities.
- Operation and monitoring of induction melting equipment used for the gas atomization of nickel and cobalt based alloys. This will include loading the furnace, purging the system with inert gas, power-up, and pouring the molten metal from a hydraulically positioned induction furnace. Responsible for preparation and maintenance of refractory furnace lining. It is important that the furnace operator maintain a constant awareness of the condition of the refractory lining.
- Measure, weigh, and combine raw materials based on specific instructions prodvided by Materials Engineers.
- The furnace operator cleans the furnace and atomization tank between alloys. The operator performs routine maintenance and support activities (e.g. replacement of power leads, disassembly of atomization tank, installation of gas delivery system). The furnace operator is responsible for the cleanliness of his / her work area.
- The furnace operator utilizes process parameters specified in the job traveler. Accurate records are maintained of heats poured noting characteristics such as start and stop time, gas pressures, temperatures, and melt characteristics.
- The furnace operator is responsible for the identification of in-process atomized material, transfer of atomized product to the screening area, and submission of samples to the QC laboratory per instructions on the job traveler.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School diploma or vocational technical training
- Basic math skills and organization ability
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to perform physical tasks, i.e. lifting, bending
- Ability to safely operate cranes and powered industrial vehicles
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts
- Ability to work either 1st shift or 2nd shift.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.