Surface Solutions Segment | Houston
The Quality Engineer (QE) is responsible for maintenance of the ISO9001 Quality Management System (QMS) and supports quality improvements in Materials Operations through monitoring the manufacturing processes to ensure process and product controls are effective in producing conforming product at final testing. The QE performs Quality Control checks on finished products and on incoming raw materials and creates material certifications. The QE monitors engineering processes and products for adherence to company and regulatory standards and practices. Participates in quality improvement initiatives and projects. Performs quality reviews and internal audits; evaluating data and documenting actions to validate or indicate deviations from existing specifications. Ensures calibration activities are effectively implemented through audits and Gauge R&R studies. Identifies calibration requirements for new equipment and participates in product realization activities. The Quality Engineer assumes the role of Complaint Coordinator and is responsible for inspecting customer returns and facilitating the RCCA process by assigning activities to drive complaints to closure in a time sensitive manner. The QE also provides QMS support to the Laurel Montana facility.
- Manages procedural requirements to meet the requirements of external certification bodies.
- Significantly contributes to the maintenance and control of material specifications, vendor changes, and management of change processes.
- Participates in the development of Quality system modules in EtQ software.
- Contributes to vendor related Quality Assurance activities.
- Prepares statistical information and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing manufacturing process data and trends.
- Ensures in-process testing is performed and reported as prescribed in the manufacturing process plan.
- Performs material testing and provides materials certifications.
- Performs gauge R&R studies in the manufacturing environment.
- Identifies process and product controls for new product realization and ensures the data is collected for monitoring and analyzing and reporting on performance.
- Implements effective sampling plans and techniques.
- Participates in the Management of Change process to support operations.
- Reports on and updates customer complaint metrics.
- Reports on non-conforming product and follows up on MRB assignments with emphasis on identifying and addressing root causes.
- Assists with the maintenance of SAP to ensure data integrity.
- Resolves quality issues related to incoming inspection of materials.
- Supports 5S and lean initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science related discipline with at least five years quality engineering experience in an ISO9001 or AS9100 quality system.
- Minimum five-year experience in a manufacturing and testing environment.
- Ability to effectively use problem solving tools such as 8D, cause and effect diagrams, PFMEA, Pareto charts etc.
- Proficient in Minitab or other statistical software.
- Proficient in using MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, team building, and presentation skills required.
- Available to travel up to 20% to other Oerlikon sites and to suppliers.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments). *CA
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not
limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring,
training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement,
classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.