Manmade Fibers Segment | Charlotte
Are you an entrepreneurial leader looking for your next challenge in managing operations? Do you thrive in a technology focused environment where you strike just the right balance between motivating your team and supporting your customers? We’re currently looking for an Operations Manager for our Charlotte facility that will be responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety of our facility. You would also serve as a company representative on regulatory issues. As the Operations Manager, you would also be responsible for enhancing operational procedures, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, critical business processes and look for opportunities to expand systems. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, come join a team with strong core values and dedicated leaders where you can apply yourself and leverage your talent and ideas!
- You’ve had at least 8-10 years of management experience in Operations and with HSE
- Polished and professional communication will staff, vendors and leaders at all levels
- You manage General Manager in the Spare Parts, Warehouse, Repair, and Field Service departments and set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems
- Regular work with the HSE COE to ensure all processes remain compliant with OSHA and other government agencies and follow through with implementations and sustainability
- Ccommunication on operating policies and/or issues at management meetings
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- ISO 9001 and 5S basics implementation, monitoring, and communication worldwide counterparts.
- Review and standardize OSHA regulatory policies and practices to support HSE.
- A detail-oriented collaborator with an open mind and a team mentality
- Extensive experience with PC, ERP software, SAP and Microsoft products
- Contribute to Oerlikon’s Operational Excellence program by implementing, promoting and sustaining a safe work environment (OSHA & HSE) adhering to quality standards
- Recommendations to strategic plans, prepare and complete action plans; implement productivity, quality & customer-service standards; resolve problems; audits & identify trends
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is anticipated over time wwith a variety of tasks
- Leadership-level competence in people management, negotiation, managing conflict, analytics & reporting, presenting, budget development, problem solving, planning and adapting
We provide more than just competitive pay and benefits packages, Oerlikon provides growth opportunity, training and development and work life balance. Oerlikon is, above all, a company dedicated to quality and built on a strong foundation of innovation, excellence, long-term commitments and entrepreneurial spirit.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries. The company invests significantly in R&D in and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Man-made Fibers in the Americas is a distributor of textile machinery/equipment, providing Products and services for the NAFTA region and parts of Latin America. We provide capital machinery, parts, and full service to textile customers worldwide upon request. The company has approximately $30 million dollars in annual turnover. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.