Quality Lab Supervisor
Surface Solutions – Metco Aero & Energy | Troy
Position: Quality Lab Supervisor
Location: Troy, MI
Manages all Quality Control Department functions for testing and certification of OMUS products including maintaining and keeping Laboratory System Documentation up to date to comply with Nadcap and other laboratory accreditations. Review customer specification, internal specifications, quality specifications, and quality procedures. Coordinates work on projects with QA Manager and production. Assist QA Manager in promoting the practices of Total Quality Management in all areas. The Quality Control Lab Supervisor must be flexible to work overtime including weekends, when necessary or required, and must be willing to work in any shift (first, split, or night) or schedule as required.
- Manages the QA/QC laboratory, providing timely, accurate data to manufacturing and other departments for cost effective production and delivery of products. Works with all departments to prepare internal procedures and specifications to meet customer requirements.
- Manages QC Laboratory Personnel, develop plans for their training and development and provides feedback (Performance Review) periodically to them.
- Develops and establishes standards, procedures, processes and goals involving the operations of the chemical laboratory that would comply with Nadcap, ISO 17025, ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO 14001, and OSHAS 18001 standards.
- Works closely with manufacturing and other departments to define and establish requirements for testing and certification of materials and products.
- Evaluates the results of laboratory tests to determine if materials and/or equipment meet customer and internal quality requirements for release of products. Notifies manufacturing and logistics of release or rejection of products in a timely manner to facilitate on-time shipment of products.
- Assists in Auditing quality system of specifications, practices, and procedures to assure that both the customer and company requirements and procedures are being observed.
- Oversees compliance to the ISO 9001, AS9100, Nadcap AS7101, ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 based quality system through training, documentation and audits of the manufacturing process to ensure continued accreditation.
- Provides adequate guidance to the manufacturing and other departments for process improvements based on effective data analysis using necessary Quality tools.
- Manages laboratory participation in Round Robin/Proficiency Testing program
- Maintains Quality records which include records of internal corrective actions, inspection reports, and vendor certification.
- Assists QA Manager in Investigating and responding to customer complaints and performs special investigative studies to address manufacturing quality, product cost and schedule issues.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 5 years experience in quality management, including supervisory experience or B. S. Degree in Chemistry with 3 years of lead role and experience in Nadcap accredited Laboratory
- Technical training in product line (i.e., technical material training equivalent to BS in Chemistry or Metallurgy or training in mechanical and electrical inspection.): quality control experience equivalent to CQE.
- Thorough knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO/IEC 17025, TQM, and Quality reporting.
- Expertise in operation and maintenance of Lab equipment (e.g. LECO, ICP-OES)
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Must have a good understanding of quality assurance and other company policies
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.