Materials Engineer (fixture design) - Elgin, IL
Surface Solutions Segment | Elgin
Title: Fixture Designer/Applications Engineer
Location: Elgin, IL
The Fixture Engineer will focus on the development of design solutions for components, assemblies and systems and on the fixtures for all applications (cleaning, handling, coating, stripping and pre- as well as post-treatment). The Fixture Engineer will also develop fixture concepts and functional specifications and provide support to the Precision Components team and their projects. The Fixture Engineer will report to ASC (Application Support Center) Manager.
- Create sketches, 3D models and technical drawings as manufacturing documents (drawings, parts lists, tests and assembly instructions) according to Balzers Global standards
- Accomplish sub-projects and basic experiments for fixture technologies and production appliances
- Calculation (FEM) and design of components and assemblies as well as the accomplishment of FMEA analyses Creation of test and assembly instructions
- Find, evaluate, establish, maintain and develop suppliers for fixtures by the following procurement guideline for fixtures
- Assist the internal organization and stakeholders by failure analysis, troubleshooting, quality control, implementation of new fixtures, and customer specific designs.
- Cooperate closely with BEFI/BTS and Global Fixture Network
- Record and schedule the fixtures tasks in consultation with BEFI/BTS
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Designer
- Strong knowledge of 3D-CAD and experience (preferred Autodesk Inventor)
- 2-4 years experiences in designing precise mechanical constructions
- Good MS Office and general computer skills (Windchill, Sharepoint and Navision are a plus)
- Innovative, structured, enthusiastic personality with an independent and goal-oriented way of working
- Willingness to travel worldwide
A great Benefits package including tuition reimbursement and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.