Head of Cutting Tools Americas
Surface Solutions Segment | Schaumburg
Head of Cutting Tools, Americas
The Head of Cutting Tools - Americas, reporting to the Head of Sales Americas, will be responsible for defining and supporting the Cutting Tools segment strategy in the Americas Region together with the Balzers Technology and Service Center (BTS) in Balzers, Liechtenstein. The Head of Cutting Tools, Americas will be responsible for identifying and developing market opportunities within the Segment by analyzing market trends, managing his/her network of industry contacts to develop, market, and sell Balzers solutions. He/she will also be responsible for leading the team of Product Managers (PM), Key Application Managers (KAMs) and dotted line to Process Managers assigned to the Cutting Tools segment and Territory Account Managers (TAMs) by facilitating a close collaborative and productive working relationship with the Director of Sales and Operations (DSOs) in each country and/or Area. Additionally, the Head of Cutting Tools - Americas will build productive external and internal working relationship throughout the Region as a result of his/her proficiency understanding and working within different cultural frameworks. The Head of Cutting Tools - Americas is also responsible for developing consultative partnerships with customers to understand their needs, sell Balzers’ solutions, and deliver on their requirements. Lastly, the Head of Cutting Tools - Americas will lead and participate on special project teams as directed.
- Identify new industries with potential customers as well as penetrate existing industries within the Cutting Tools segment to grow Balzers’ products and services
- Develop opportunities for both New Cutting Tools and Reconditioning Cutting Tools segments
- Negotiate and close sales opportunities in a timely manner by leveraging the entire sales organization while focusing on servicing the customer’s needs to develop profitable and long-term business relationships
- Lead the Sales Forecasts and CRM processes within the Cutting Tool Team
- Consistently develop and utilize strong competitive analysis and market data to drive segment growth – including deep analysis of segment sales development, coating equipment utilization, and customer purchasing trends
- Provide project leadership as necessary to facilitate the acquisition of business and successful delivery of Balzers’ products based on customer requirements
- Drive market segment development and product penetration using proven and widely accepted data analysis techniques and his/her experience
- Work within the Company’s existing sales/ marketing structure to facilitate segment growth, communication and customer issue resolution as necessary
- Lead the Management of existing customer accounts as necessary as well as perform prospecting to drive the achievement of sales targets
- Define specific solutions for the Cutting Tools segment as well as market applications in collaboration with the production operations, production technology and R&D teams
- Build an effective team of expertly qualified Cutting Tools professionals and develop, in a structured manner, key Cutting Tools and Sales Talent for the future
- Provide direction and leadership in a manner which mirrors the Core Values of Oerlikon to achieve goals and objectives
- Develop a network within Balzers to facilitate formal and informal information sharing and cooperative relationships which encourage the success of the segment
- Promote regular Sales Planning, CRM management, and KPI management within the Cutting Tools segment
- Measure and control key KPIs related to Sales and the Balzers’ GPO process
- Ensure high standards regarding customer service & satisfaction and product quality within the Cutting Tools segment
- Manage new projects as needed
- Monitor and optimize available sales resources to identify opportunities (or alternatives) which reduce costs without jeopardizing long-term business objectives or market share
- Organize and control programs (and their implementation) and analyze the results according to policy and trade rules which ensure a high level of sales and service.
- Collaborate globally, regionally, and in-country as needed to foster good working relationships and team-spirit towards the long-term success of the Cutting Tools segment in the Americas Region
- Travel throughout the Americas Region and globally as needed to promote sales excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business. MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience managing a geographically dispersed sales team (or multi-site plant operation) for a cutting tool OEM or end user.
- 5+ years of experience developing segment/product/ market analysis, competitive intelligence, budgets, and sales forecasts
- Ability to effectively work and communicate in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment. Spanish, Portuguese, and English will be primary languages.
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a senior management team construct to develop and manage strategic initiatives to achieve successful outcomes
- Excellent project planning, KPI (goal) management, and problem solving skills are required.
- A strong process orientation and customer service/ satisfaction mindset is also required.
- Superior oral, written, and electronic communication skills AND presentation skills are required
- Must have above average skills with business applications (e.g., CRM, data warehouses, etc.) including MS PowerPoint and Excel
- 50 - 75% travel domestically (overnight) and internationally is required.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.