Metallographic Lab Tech - Middle Level
Surface Solutions – Metco Aero & Energy | Westbury
Metallographic Lab Tech
The responsibility includes but not limited to the following:
- - Metallographic preparation and evaluation of powders and coated specimens, including section, mount, grind and polish, adhesion testing, macro- and micro hardness testing, surface profilometry tests, microstructure and chemistry/phase analysis
- - Support lab supervisor on the compliance with NADCAP
- - Collect, collate and report in verbal or written form data as required
- - Perform general maintenance of lab areas and equipment as assigned
- - Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in accordance with 5S standards
- - Assist lab supervisor on basic training for interns or new hires
- - Safe use of equipment, identify unsafe working environment within the lab
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbal and written form.
- Must be familiar with a metallurgical laboratory environment and fully capable of all standard aspects of metallographic analysis including hardness testing, stereo-microscopy, cutting, mounting, polishing and etching of specimens, and inverted optical microscopy.
- Must have experience with preparation and micro-structural analysis of thermal spray coatings.
- Experience with advanced techniques such as surface-profilometry, Scanning Electron Microscopy, Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy, and Image Analysis systems.
- Ability of reading specifications, procedures and standards
- Understanding of standard laboratory safety procedures in the handling of dangerous chemicals.
- Understanding of standard office computer software
- Engineering Technology Degree or Diploma and/or equivalent years of working experience in a metallurgical laboratory is required.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.