IT Systems Support Specialist
Surface Solutions Segment | Charlotte
IT Systems Support Specialist
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in surface solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries.
The Surface Solutions Segment of the Oerlikon Group includes the two brands Oerlikon Balzers and Oerlikon Metco. Oerlikon Balzers is one of the world’s leading suppliers of surface technologies that significantly improve the performance and durability of precision components as well as tools for the metal and plastics processing industries. Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces with coating solutions and equipment. The Surface Solutions Segment operates a dynamically growing network of currently more than 145 facilities with over 140 coating centers in 36 countries.
The company has expanded into Additive Manufacturing (AM) and is setting up Green-field manufacturing facilities in Huntersville/NC and Plymouth/MI in addition to the acquisition of existing AM facilities in Germany and the US. A major AM technology hub of the company has also been established in Munich/Germany.
Oerlikon AM, a new addition to the Surface Solutions Segment, is targeting to serve industries such as aviation, medical, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets.Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
This position is responsible to make sure IT systems are available for smooth running of business operations at both the sites. This person serves as a go-to person for the business users at these sites for all the first level support needs related to desktop/laptop, email, Skype for Business phone system, printers, server, LAN/WAN, mobile phones and such. This role calls for high focus on the customer service, passion and urgency to resolve end-user issues. In addition, this person serves as a systems and network technical resource for production systems ensuring that strict network and systems technical performance specifications are met or exceeded. This resource will also function as team member in the Americas Regional IT organization.
- Responsible for supporting LAN/WAN physical infrastructure and associated data communications network issues. This includes trouble-shooting network hardware and communication problems related to WAN connectivity.
- Responsible for assisting with problem determination, troubleshooting of servers, storage, printers, Skype for Business phone systems, VPN and any other special IT equipment.
- Manage customer expectations by providing and maintaining positive customer support 24/7.
- Assist the senior IT staff with monitoring and maintenance of the Microsoft Exchange environment including Active Directory maintenance, Microsoft Office and associated business software package installations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified systems engineer), CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) or similar certification preferred, but not required.
- Experience/exposure to tech support, LAN/WAN, MS Servers and phone systems.
- Experience/Knowledge in the field of network systems administration based on TCP/IP and IP switches/routers, VPNs and Firewalls, Wireless access points, Data/Voice communications
- Experience/knowledge in MS Windows based Servers(Physical and Virtual)
- Experience/Knowledge with MS SharePoint
- Experience/Knowledge with Active Directory and MS Exchange
- Experience/Exposure to MS Office 2010 and Windows 7,8 and 10 desktop systems knowledge for integration and standardization purposes (i.e. desktop group policies, configuration, image/RIS preparation)
- Experience/Knowledge with MS SQL Databases
- Excellent understanding/exposure to AI, Machine Learning, Big Data and IoT technologies.
- Self-motivated, with good organizational skills, and ability to prioritize.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teammates, clients, and superiors.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills required.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints in a fast paced environment and to analyze solutions from a cost, technical, or functional perspective.
- Individual should possess the ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities required.
- Must have the ability to work in comfortably as part of a team but able to take the lead in resolving systems issues.
- Must be service-oriented, results driven.
- A unique opportunity to work in a start-up within a world class organization
- Being part of the industrialization of additive manufacturing, which has never been done before
- Ability to have an immediate impact on the business unit
- Ability to shape the culture of Oerlikon Additive Manufacturing
- Strong compensation and benefit package
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.