IT Technical Support Analyst II
Surface Solutions Segment | Schaumburg
Position: Technical Support Analyst II
Location: Schaumburg, IL
The Technical Support Analyst 2 has technical accountability for all frontline/end-user functions including but not limited to - PC/Laptop Support, Help/Service Desk, Software and Tools, Printers & Peripherals, Tablet/Mobile Device Support, Regional and Local Office IT coverage, Conference Room Support (audio, video, projector, screen, other), local office IT Room operations, office move/add/changes and other IT/Tech services as warranted. The Support Analyst 2 is responsible for being the escalation point for a team of Level 1-2 support techs that, as part of the Technical Support team within IT, provide regional technology support and service to end users. Responsibilities include handling/managing technical projects/tasks; guiding, mentoring and training staff; monitoring work to ensure team and departmental goals are met; evaluating performance, providing guidance and resolving problems. The Support Analyst 2 will communicate effectively up (IT Management and above), laterally (IT peers) and down (IT staff) as necessary. This position reports to the Director of IT, Americas.
The Support Analyst 2 will also be expected to contribute directly by providing both hands-on and remote technical support for end-user desktop devices to end users, supporting a variety of technical issues including hardware/software/application/tools support, break/fix for hardware, laptops, tablets and other devices, printers/scanners/copiers/plotters, support network connectivity, AD, LAN/WLAN/WAN, TCP/IP, remote access VPN, and MS Office Suite support.
- Ensure all end-user desktop and laptop computer requests and IT related issues/problems are addressed in a responsive, customer service oriented manner.
- Oversee end-user hardware configuration, deployment and device management; the installation and setup of software, applications and tools including management and maintenance; monitor backup jobs and ensure a high success rate.
- Day-to-day operations of Tech Support team to maintain adequate levels of end-user satisfaction and appreciation for ground level IT support. Act as an escalation point and follow through with communication (internally and externally); keep IT Management and peers apprised of situations.
- End-user communication for incidents/outages/upgrades and other events (as deemed necessary or relevant).
- Provide input and recommendations for the acquisition, deployment, adoption, usage, operations, maintenance and management of desktop hardware and software technologies & tools.
- Initiate, train and enforce new processes and procedures; create, review, update and upkeep documentation (including How-To, Self-Service Guidelines, Policy, Procedure documents).
- Installation, troubleshooting and support for desktop and laptop computers and all aspects of various Microsoft Windows operating systems; train end-user on IT related equipment and software/tools.
- Provides expert and creative solutions to end-user desktop hardware, software challenges; Research, resolve and respond to inquiries based on processes, policies and standards; escalate issues as required.
- Manage, lead, own and/or participate in IT projects and tasks. Mentor staff via positive coaching, feedback and reinforcement; initiate, train and recommend other developmental plans for staff growth (both technical and professional).
- Provide support for standard productivity software (MS Office Suite) and general PC support (Windows XP/7/8.1).
- Assist with the creation and editing of Active Directory accounts, mailboxes and distribution lists.
- Restore lost or damaged files; clean virus/spyware infected computer equipment.
- Assist in the hardware management process, including proper tagging, recording and assignment of equipment.
- Other applicable duties as assigned by Management.
- Must be extremely customer focused, personable, professional and detail-oriented.
- Ability to provide professional and effective support to remote users via phone, e-mail and remote-control software; multi-task and coordinate problem resolution management and work effectively in a high pressure environment; go the ‘extra mile’ to connect and coordinate with application/software subject matter expert(s) to help remediate issue for end-user.
- Ability to take initiative and plan effectively to anticipate and prevent potential user/customer problems.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a wide variety of internal and external personnel with emphasis on follow-through and reporting.
- Must have excellent organization and technical documentation skills including accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet deadlines; solve problems requiring creativity, initiative and drive; self-motivated and enjoys a sense of pride in their accomplishments.
- Ability to organize projects and tasks according to priorities and work extended periods of time at a terminal or PC using a keyboard and mouse.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent end-user (customer) support and service skills and committed to follow-through and resolution, performing diagnostics, taking corrective actions for hardware, software and peripheral equipment as necessary.
- Maintain professional, healthy relationship with all fellow team members and management and demonstrate awareness of support issues/needs as they apply on a company-wide and business basis; adept in creating/maintaining documentation to support, enforce standards, policies and processes.
- Associate’s degree in technical area or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience providing 1st/2nd level Help Desk support.
- Must be willing to work on-call as directed.
- Must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally if required (Travel less than 10%).
- Advanced knowledge of PC hardware/software principals and operating systems such as Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7.
- Experience in the use and support of productivity software such as Microsoft Office 2013.
- Foundation knowledge and skills to support Microsoft Outlook in an Exchange environment - troubleshooting client profile/setup issues, archiving etc.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft SCCM (2012) for effective management of PC (& servers), software updates, configuration, policy settings and monitoring system status; generate and maintain queries and reports for analytics and cause/effect actions.
- Experience in the setup and support of multi-function network printers/scanners/copiers and plotters.
- Experience in the use, setup, support and problem diagnosis and issue resolution of hand-held devices including but not limited to Apple iPhone, Android smartphones and tablet devices such as Apple iPad, Microsoft Surface Pro, Samsung Galaxy / Android based devices.
- Knowledge and skills to support anti-virus, anti-spam solutions (McAfee) for desktop, laptop & tablet end point.
- Adequate foundation skills in Microsoft Server Operating systems (Windows 20012/2008), Active Directory Administration, DFS, DHCP and IIS etc.
- Foundation network (LAN/WLAN/WAN/TCPIP) troubleshooting and diagnostics skills and knowledge of basic networking principles including VPN technologies.
- Experience with audio visual equipment as it relates to connecting PCs to projectors and other conference room AV equipment including documentation.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.