Surface Solutions Segment | Mequon
Title - Quality Engineer
Location - Mequon, Wisconsin
We are seeking a professional who is involved in developing and implementing systems to ensure products or processes are designed and produced to meet or exceed customer requirements and expectations.
- Must participate in annual training to update and document job related skills, including Core Tools (SPC, MSA, APQP, & PFMEA) as applicable to the position.
- Understanding and familiarity with product quality.
- Develop, implement, and maintain operation of quality control systems.
- Timely root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for quality concerns.
- Ability to use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices.
- Develop training to build quality awareness, with an understanding of human factors and motivation.
- Familiarity with cost of quality and techniques.
- Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure production of products are in accordance with approved data.
- Familiar with PPAP, Process Flow, Control Plans, and PFMEA.
- Assist in defining/developing Quality status indicators, performance measurements and reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.), with a minimum of 5 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Understanding of manufacturing workflow and manufacturing methods.
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control.
- Strong computer skills including QA applications, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Technical understanding of stamping, blanking, and bonding operations a plus.
- Ability to use continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, and Kaizen lean methods.
- Ability to audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments). *CA
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not
limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring,
training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement,
classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.