Product Change Manager for Metallic Powders
Surface Solutions Segment | Troy
Position: Product Change Manager
Location: Troy/Plymouth, MI
The Product Change Manager responsible for:
- Back office support for all existing products and management of all changes related to those products.
- Ensure that all changes pertaining to processes, and/or input raw materials and/or vendor changes are properly evaluated, approved and documented as per our Quality Manual Procedures and FAI procedure followed.
- Maintain a close link with Operation Sites and support all initiatives relating to Product Change Management. Report to and work with Global Head of Product Change Management when the issues need resolution and additional resources are needed.
- Monitor Sales and Margin development for all products and provide feedback to PPM. Work with Sourcing/Operations/PPMs to initiate actions to improve margins.
- Setup new products in SAP and work with APM for complete set up.
- Project management: Co-ordination and Liaison of all Projects related to Vendor Change, Process Changes, Product Package Changes, and other related changes for the site working closely with Sourcing/Purchasing, R & D, Operations, and PPM.
- Manage Product Discontinuation or replacement with the respective Site and Global teams.
- Initiate Change Process to address cost / Quality Issues along with local teams keeping Design Intent intact.
- In depth analysis to ensure no impact to form, fit and functionality based on process changes, material changes or Vendor changes on final quality of the product and design intent.
- Follow and Maintain Global Processes related to Product Modifications, Product and Process Changes as required.
- Provide required support for SOIP process related to product Changes.
- Manage backend of Life Cycle for existing Products. (obsolescence; consolidation)
- Provide active support to Application Portfolio or Segment Manager, Operations, R & D, Sales and Sourcing.
- Review and update internal specifications as necessary and manage or initiate changes when required.
- Facilitate cross functional team meetings to manage all change projects.
- Manage ETQ workflow relating to all Change Management related transactions including VCR, SCR, and others.
- Handle special projects or tasks as assigned to you by your Manager.
- Must be a team player and be able to get results from Cross-Functional team.
- Knowledge in Business/ Portfolio analysis, overall Company product portfolio and their application, knowledge in pricing, sourcing and Quality as well as Project & Program Management are required.
- Knowledge of Quality Management System is required with ability to understand detailed specifications for products and raw materials.
- Ability interpret charts, graph and Data Sheets to solve problems.
- Person must be well organized, Analytical, and be able to make decisions relating to the Product Changes.
- Knowledge of SAP as well as Computer programs such as Word, Excel, MS project, PowerPoint and SharePoint are a must
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business and 7-10 years’ experience in Supply chain / Quality Control / R & D, / Product (Life cycle) Management
- Knowledge of basic Marketing, Quality and sales tools including Visio and MS Projects.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.