Project Manager Application Development - Brazing
Surface Solutions Segment | Troy
Position: Project Manager Application Development - Brazing
Location: Troy, MI
- Business Development of our Brazing Product line with focus on Aero, Automotive and Industrial markets
- Technical Support to Application and Sales Managers and customers for Oerlikon’s Brazing Product line and questions related to Brazing technology.
- Management of Brazing related Application Development projects within the organization across different departments and Business Units under full own responsibility and limited supervisory guidance.
- Project and Campaign management including project scope, goals, deliverables, budget management and reporting.
- Provide input and direction to R&D projects as they relate to growth of business.
- Remain up-to-date on new emerging technologies and methods, capabilities and applications through research/journals/articles and regular interactions with R&D and Technology groups, conferences and exhibitions.
- Represent Oerlikon Metco in professional societies and committees, and promote the company and its product portfolio through presentations at technical conferences and publishing of technical papers.
- Support product portfolio and maintenance management and special pricing/quotations.
- Support internal marketing campaigns and communications projects related to Brazing products.
- Products and Competitor Benchmarking
- Know-How transfer and trainings within OM
- Technical Degree (MS/PhD) in metallurgy or materials or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) years technical experience in powder metallurgy or powder related business.
- Alternately, BS Degree in a Materials related field with at least 5 years relevant experience will be considered.
- Familiarity with HT Brazing.
- Familiarity with high temperature Nickel/Cobalt based alloys will be a plus.
- Proven project management experience will be a plus.
- Some experience in sales or commercial transactions will be preferred.
- Essential to have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Open-minded personality with strong communication skills and a customer-orientated attitude
- Willingness to travel to visit for customer support, project meetings, conferences and exhibitions (approx. 40 percent).
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.