Quality Engineer - Change Management 1
Surface Solutions Segment | Plymouth
Position: Quality Engineer - Change Management
Location: Plymouth, MI
The Quality Engineer – Change Management is responsible for leading and implementing Quality Engineering Change at the Plymouth, MI facility. Responsibilities include new product introduction, continuous improvement, process metrics assessments, and supplier development and qualification. The Quality Engineer shall ensure that all changes to any part of the process have proper documentation and all First Article Inspections (FAI) associated with the process changes are completed in accordance to internal procedures and AS9102 “Aerospace First Article Inspection Requirement.” This position supports all types of changes that have a potential to impact quality of the final product including vendor changes, process changes, and specification management. The engineer shall ensure these changes do not impact compliance to all stated quality and regulatory standards including AS9100, ISO 9001, and others as required.
The Quality Change Engineer must be flexible to work overtime including weekends, when necessary or required, and must be willing to work in any shift (first, split, or night) or schedule as required.
- Work closely with the Global Quality Standards & APQP Manager on future product introductions and determine the priority and timing in coordination with site manufacturing leadership and process engineering teams.
- Lead and/or support all FAI related tasks for proper documentation to ensure compliance.
- Compile and analyze FAI test data to determine whether systems or processes have met the FAI criteria or to identify root cause of production problems.
- After the FAI is completed and approved, continue to review process yields, customer requirements, and quality inspection characteristics for process drifts or a change in product quality. Document and communicate to relevant teams.
- Develop Master Project Plan regarding any type of change project including process flow diagrams, test cases, and/or standard operating procedures when necessary.
- Ensure all changes are documented and any required training is performed and documented.
- Prepare, maintain, and review validation and compliance documentation, such as Specification Change Requests, Management of Change (MOC) forms, and Test Reports.
- Review OEM specifications and work with procurement team and other to perform validations as necessary.
- Work with the Quality Management System to understand needed improvements or issues from customer complaints or corrective actions.
- Resolve testing problems by modifying testing methods or revising test objectives and standards.
- Review new and help update internal specifications in EtQ.
- Work with the Quality team and Process Engineering to perform internal process audits.
- Facilitate meetings of cross functional team to ensure changes incorporates to product/process meets customer expectations without negatively impacting QMS system.
- Must be able to accept unexpected assignments as required.
- Ability to use continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S and Kaizen lean methods.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.