Project Engineer - Multiple Location
Surface Solutions Segment | Various - Houston/Montana/Next
Position title: Project Engineer
Location: Houston TX, Billings MT, Troy/Plymouth MI, Westbury NY
- Responsible for preparation, planning and execution of all phases of process & facility improvement projects for Oerlikon Metco.
- Serves as a project team leader & coordinates all project related activities & resources.
- Manages projects with keen attention towards safety, regulatory compliance & scheduling
- Coordinates project execution with Production Operations, HSE and Planning
- Develops selection criteria for future capital equipment
- Develops execution plan including identifying required resources, communications plan, procurement plan, schedules, budgets etc. and performs corresponding risk assessment
- Coordinates with Production Operations to ensure minimum disruption
- Communicates & aligns effectively with Production Operations, Process Engineering, HSE and Maintenance throughout the design, planning & execution phase.
- Develops vendor relationships and provide written detailed scope of work specifications for subcontractors and vendors.
- Prepares bid packages for procurement/ purchasing Department
- Responsible for monitoring and regularly communicating project status, including scheduling, financial status, quality/safety risk and any other key areas with potential impact to stakeholders.
- Responsible for securing required permits for projects and complying with all safety, quality, and environmental laws and regulations
- Min Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Construction Science or related technical field (Strongly Preferred);
- Professional Engineer Certificate or License (Strongly Preferred)
- 5 + years of Project Engineering experience with a firm understanding of processes, principles and methodologies (Required);
- 3+ years of "hands-on" experience
- Willing to travel 90% of time
- A working knowledge varies codes including the following codes:
- National Electrical Code, NEC 2014
- International Fuel Gas Code, IFGC 2015
- Proficient (working) knowledge of SAP, and Excel
- Advanced understanding of AutoDesk, and AutoCAD (Required)
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organization levels, including senior management
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.