Surface Solutions Segment | Dayton
Position: Toolmaker Apprentice
Location: Dayton, OH
The Toolmaker Apprentice (Toolbench helper) works under the guidance and direction of Lead Toolmaker and supports in the set up and operation of machine tools, ensures machine parts are set to specifications and verifies part conformance. This individual will also study specifications such as blueprints, sketches or tool description, and plans sequence of operations.
- Must participate in annual training to update and document job related skills, including Core tool (SPC, MSA, APQP & PFMEA) as applicable to the position
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches or tool description, and plans sequence of operations
- Sets up and operates machine tools to machine parts to specifications and verifies part conformance
- Must satisfy quality standards
- Fits and assembles parts into assemblies using hand tools
- Verifies alignment using various instruments
- Communicates ideas to improve the organization
- Can clearly communicate orally and in writing
- Manifests non-violent behavior
- Uses clear independent thinking
- Must have regular attendance
- Must start work on time
- Must work the scheduled shift
- Must conform to current environmental standards
- Must participate in annual training to update and document job related skills
- Adheres to and stays abreast of company policies
- Ensures individual safety and the safety of others by following all safety regulations
- Submits at least one Continuous Improvement per quarter
- Commits to the corporate goals, mission and vision
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational Trade School Diploma is preferred
- Print reading, shop math, and machining skills are required
- One to two years of machining experience is required
Oerlikon Friction Systems (US) Inc. is also committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for its associates and all others visiting or working on our site. We expect all associates to actively participate in the protection of the health and safety of themselves and all others on the site as well as the conservation of resources and the protection of the environment. We are committed to total customer satisfaction. We expect the same commitment from our employees with regards to satisfaction, customer specific requirements, workmanship, and continual quality improvements.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, retirement security contribution and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.