Machining & Finishing Technician
Surface Solutions Segment | Charlotte
- Assists Production Supervisor in leading daily work of production employees to ensure compliance with established safety, production, code of conduct, and company policies.
- Installs production dies following work instructions, using hand tools and measuring devices.
- Sets controls to regulate speed of feed and length of ram stroke, and sets up transfer programs.
- Records operational data, such as tonnage readings, length of stroke, feeds and speeds for use in next set up.
- Acts as the lead trainer for all new press operators and operator cross-training on assigned shift.
- Fills in for press operators as needed, and performs all duties expected of a press operator to include quality checks, filling out quality records, and production and downtime reporting.
- Commits to corporate values, goals, mission, and vision; leads by example.
- High School graduate or GED
- CNC machining experience and/or training
- 3 years of production experience (preferred)
- Experience working with progressive and transfer dies (preferred)
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office and MRP/ERP software (SAP preferred)
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable, and to change priorities and direction with minimal notice allowing for optimum effectiveness.
- Highly self-motivated, and works well under pressure.
- Must have excellent attendance record and willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Progressive drive to seek opportunities in support of continuous improvement
- Ability to maintain a productive working atmosphere
- Employee 401k Savings Plan
- Holiday pay
- Basic Life Insurance
- Sick/Personal Time off
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.