Quality Coordinator - Guelph
Surface Solutions Segment | Guelph
TITLE: Quality Coordinator SHIFT: 1st
HIRING MGR: Mary Jane Hornung SMT STAKEHOLDER:
LOCATION: Guelph, Ontario
Job Type: Full Time, Employee
Years of Experience: 2-5 Years
Education Level: Technical College Degree
Career Level: Supervisor
About the Job:
Looking for opportunities with a global, industry leader? Oerlikon Balzers is the leading global supplier of PVD coatings and other surface technologies that significantly improve the performance of precision components as well as metalworking and plastics processing tools.
Ideal for a Junior Quality Engineer or Quality Technician, this position is responsible for driving quality acitvties within the Coating Center for both tools and precision components (PrC). By applying knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 and Nadcap (Coatings), as well as Quality Tools and Oerilikon Balzers Standards, the Quality Coordinator ensures that quality standards are being implemented and adhered to within the Coating Center and that quality problems are effectively addressed. This position reports to the Quality Manager Northeast and has a dotted-line relationship with the Center Manager.
- Serve as the Center Process Owner for precision components (PrC)
- Interface with Sales and Customers to ensure that Customer requirements are understood
- Support quality planning to ensure that Customer requirments are documented and communicated to production personnel
- Develop documentation, such as work instructions and Part and Process Specifications, for customer specific requirements
- Provide product quality analysis utilizing inspection equiment such as X-ray Fluorescence (XRF), Profilometer, Calo Unit, Rockwell and Vickers Hardness Testers, Microscopes and data analysis software.
- Prepare customer required documents such as Certificates of Conformance
- Participate in the analysis and disposition of non-conforming material
- Resolve quality issues through robust root cause problem solving / corrective action
- Use data such as customer complaints, cost of non-quality (CONQ) and audit findings to drive continuous improvement
- Communicate quality key performance indicators (KPIs) to the Center
- Provide effective internal and external document (and record) control
- Maintain gage inventory and coordinate out-sourced calibration services
- Facilitate internal and external audits and address nonconformances from these audits
- Assist with the training of personnel
- Technical College Degree in Quality, Manufacturing or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Professional Certification (ASQ or similar) in quality discipline is desirable
- Two to five years in manufacturing tool or coating field or in a technical quality position
- Demonstrated experience in the application of quality theory and tools
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 and Nadcap requirements
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills
- Blueprint reading.
- Advertised Since
HR Consulting & Operations Manager, Canada
P: +1 780 992-5116
Oerlikon Metco (Canada) Inc.
10108 - 114 Street
T8L 4R1 Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.