Furnace Operator (46165)
Surface Solutions Segment | Troy
Check out our digital job description below or the following link to our video: http://video.digi-me.com/digime/jobs/Operations%20Support/Oerlikon/Furnace%20Operator/OL0026
|<a href='https://video.digi-me.com/out_track/flv/job/OL0026' target='_blank'><img src='https://video.digi-me.com/images/videoSkin/OL0026.jpg' width='350' height='252' border='0' /></a>|
Position: Furnace Operator
Location: Troy, MI
The Furnace Operator safely prepares, melts, and atomizes metal powder following job instructions. This will include loading the furnace with raw materials, purging down with inert gas, power-up, taking temperatures, inspecting, and pouring the molten metal from a hydraulically positioned induction furnace. Support activities associated with position include preparation and maintenance of the refractory furnace lining, maintenance of accurate production records, delivery of atomized product to the screening area, and cleaning the furnace and atomization system between alloys.
- Meets or exceeds all safety, environmental, and health goals for department.
- Meets or exceeds quality goals for production orders.
- Meets or exceeds productivity targets.
- Notifies lead or supervisor about any problems.
- Contributes to continual improvement activities.
- Operation and monitoring of induction melting equipment used for the gas atomization of nickel and cobalt based alloys. This will include loading the furnace, purging the system with inert gas, power-up, and pouring the molten metal from a hydraulically positioned induction furnace. Responsible for preparation and maintenance of refractory furnace lining. It is important that the furnace operator maintain a constant awareness of the condition of the refractory lining.
- The furnace operator cleans the furnace and atomization tank between alloys. The operator performs routine maintenance and support activities (e.g. replacement of power leads, disassembly of atomization tank, installation of gas delivery system). The furnace operator is responsible for the cleanliness of his / her work area.
- The furnace operator utilizes process parameters specified in the job traveler. Accurate records are maintained of heats poured noting characteristics such as start and stop time, gas pressures, temperatures, and melt characteristics.
- The furnace operator is responsible for the identification of in-process atomized material, transfer of atomized product to the screening area, and submission of samples to the QC laboratory per instructions on the job traveler.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School diploma or vocational technical training
- Basic math skills and organization ability
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to perform physical tasks, i.e. lifting, bending
- Ability to safely operate cranes and powered industrial vehicles
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, retirement security contribution and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.