Surface Solutions Segment | Brunswick
Position: Quality Coordinator
Location: Brunswick, OH
Looking for opportunities within a global industry leader? Oerlikon Balzers is the leading global supplier of surface coatings for metal working tools and we are looking for a strong Quality Coordinator.
In this critical position you will provide leadership and a hands on approach to problem-solving to ensure customers are fully satisfied with the company’s service. The Quality Coordinator will report to the Regional Quality Manager and maintain the quality system within the Brunswick service center.
- Drive corrective and preventive actions using KPI inputs with a focus on effective root-cause analysis
- Support quality planning process
- Provide product quality analysis via various testing methodologies. Support Material Review and disposition of non-conforming product
- Manage Quality System documentation, gauge inventory, audits, reporting of quality system status/key process indicators
- Train production personnel in quality system requirements, processes, and procedures as required
- Demonstrated experience in the application of quality theory and tools.
- Minimum 2 years in a technical quality position or experience in tool coating
- Proficient in reading, speaking, and writing in the English language
- Action oriented individual who drives for results in managing the Quality Management System
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Computer proficiency to include Windows, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong familiarity with various inspection equipment.
- Technical Degree in Quality, Manufacturing, or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Professional certification (ASQ or similar) in relevant quality disciplines
- Well versed in ISO 9001:2015 QMS requirements
- Experience in LEAN strategies to support and drive continuous improvement
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.