I. POSITION SUMMARY
Coordinate all events related to assigned project(s). Ensure the timely completion of all deliverables in accordance with customer specifications and company targets. (i.e. profit, unit cost, product and process design, capital investment, quality and safety).
II. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oerlikon Metco (US) Inc. is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for its associates and all others visiting or working on our site. We expect all associates to actively participate in the protection of the health and safety of themselves and all others on the site as well as the conservation of resources and the protection of the environment.
- Oerlikon Metco (US) Inc. is also committed to total customer satisfaction. We expect the same commitment from our employees with regards to satisfaction, customer specific requirements, workmanship, and continual quality improvements.
- Develop, provide, and implement project schedules including milestones for critical phases for each unique project. These schedules will include all aspects of the overall project using a work breakdown structure (wbs) detailing deliverables and completion date(s).
- Order and arrange for construction of in-house manufactured products to meet contractual requirements including any special modifications.
- Arrange and coordinate use of in-house labor resources to produce system layout drawings, facility requirements, develop coatings, construct major system components, build and modify mechanical subsystems, wire electrical assemblies, test and debug assembled machines, and perform customer runoffs.
- Provide technical expertise in developing customer quotations and system design concepts. Review quotations for costs and technical accuracy. Develop scopes of work for sub contractors and vendors.
- Provide technical and informational updates and status to customers, management, and sales during the course of each project as well as maintain project data stored in a data warehouse.
- Ownership of assigned projects from inception to end of warranty
- Ensures that all project deliverables and requirements are met
- Effectively communicate project status and proactively manages risk
- Participate in weekly cross functional team meetings
- Supervision of in house resources including: drafting, Field Service, Coating Services, short run cell, and assembly cells in the building and testing of components as well as the development of coatings.
- Acts as primary interface to customer for all project updates and issues
- Initiate the review of lessons learned/best practices of other programs and document new ones from each project
- Support of attainment of the business objectives
- Introduction and implementation of measures for compliance with business objectives
- Securing highest possible internal and external customer satisfaction
- Must be capable and efficient at handling multiple projects of medium to high complexity with multiple ongoing tasks each.
- Coordination of concept, design, builds and release of equipment to project timelines and objectives within budget
- Coordinate all Engineering Changes and impact to project
- Support operations and manufacturing needs within the noted area (New equipment and processes)
- Support sales and marketing needs within the noted area (Sales presentations, project costs and quotes)
- Internal and external presentations of project/program activities and results
- Clearly define requirements and set targets accordingly (critical path, Gantt charts)
- Define resources and the schedule for implementation of the project
- Detect and solve project issues effectively
- Develop and implement recovery plan for off-schedule projects
- Support of Continuous Improvement activities
- Implementation of requirements from internal and external audits
- Traveling to customers, suppliers and other locations (primarily domestic)
- Recognize areas for internal improvement and develop plans for implementing them
- Must make sure all measures comply with company standards and procedures
- Resolve conflict amongst project team members
III. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Integrity and Trust
- Ethics and Values
- Drive for Results
- Cooperative Relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Equivalent Mfg Experience
- > 4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2-5 years of Project/Program management experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Training in Project Management Techniques
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge of and understanding of basic industrial utilities
- Competent with MS Office software (especially MS Project, Excel)
- Knowledge of CAD software ( AutoCAD)
- Internal and external project presentation
- Competent contact to customers and suppliers
- Employee Management
P: +1 516 338 2184
Oerlikon Metco (US) Inc.
1101 Prospect Ave
11590-0201 Westbury, NY
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.