Surface Solutions Segment | Charlotte
Oerlikon (SIX: OERL) is a leading high-tech industrial group specialising in the machine and plant engineering. The Company is a provider of innovative industrial solutions and cutting-edge technologies for manmade fibres manufacturing, drive systems, surface solutions and advanced nanotechnology. A Swiss company with a tradition going back over 100 years, Oerlikon is a global player with around 14 000 employees at over 170 locations in 35 countries and proforma sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2016. The Company invested in 2016 CHF 94 million in R&D, with over 1200 specialists working on future products and services. In most areas, the operative businesses rank either first or second in their respective global markets.
The new Oerlikon Surface Solutions Segment has around 6,500 employees worldwide, operates over 145 service and production centers among some 150 sites, and was responsible for 53% of group sales in 2016.
The surface solution segment is divided into four business units, Tooling, Automotive, Aero and Energy and the newly formed Additive Manufacturing. The Tooling (formerly Balzers) and Aero and Energy (formerly Metco) business units have been at the forefront of the development of pioneering coating technologies for decades. The newest business unit, Oerlikon Additive Manufacturing, is an end to end Additive Manufacturing solutions provider, with powder production, design and applications engineering, printing solutions, and post processing solutions including heat treatment and coatings. Oerlikon Additive Manufacturing has R&D Centers and Production Facilities in the US and EU.
The Program Manager is responsible for coordinating and monitoring assigned activities related to customer orders and internal projects. This role helps ensure adherence to master plans and schedules, and works across all departments to help resolve program concerns.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and tools for effective project management.
- Report on project performance, deliverables, risks, and financial performance. Advise management when product or service does not meet contractual requirements or company strategic goals.
- Complete order management transactions in SAP.
- Support proposal activities.
- Support Project Managers on internal, supplier and customer projects.
- Direct and coordinate activities across customer and functional organizations including business development, cost estimating, R&D, engineering, supply chain, production, contracts, finance, and quality to ensure on-time delivery of customer deliverables in accordance with company policies, project requirements and applicable contract documents.
- Work with Business Development on new business capture efforts.
- Develop project closeout / lessons learned database to capture project performance for reference on future projects. Include cost estimates, actuals and basis of estimate records for use on future proposals.
- 5+ years of project/program management or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management or closely related discipline
- Comfortable in a start-up environment
- Strategic mind set and outcome oriented
- Self-driven, open and positive mind set with experience in international and cross-cultural business environment, entrepreneurial mind set
- Competitive Base Salary + Comission
- Opportunity that offers both international and domestic travel
- Start up enviroment geared towards entrepenurial outlook/views
- Fanastic health, dental, vision and 401k benefits
- The opportunity to bring a new technology to production and impact the manufacturing sector in a positive way that has not been done before
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.