Surface Solutions Segment | Charlotte
- Provide direct daily supervision of warehouse associates and shipping coordinators to ensure the safe, clean, and efficient operation of the warehouse.
- Work with Production Manager and Order Entry to expedite requests and resolve schedule issues. On time shipping performance, key performance indicator.
- Use project requirements and due dates to generate production schedule in Excel for Production Supervisors.
- Supervises employees engaged in verifying and keeping records on outgoing shipments and in preparing items for shipment.
- Oversees outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Calculates estimated costs associated with the shipping/delivery function and recommends appropriate alternatives.
- Prepares daily management reports. Prepares other standard and ad hoc reports as needed. Maintains various files and records – both computerized and hard copy files.
- Directs movement of shipments including both dedicated trucks and LTL carriers.
- Responsible for UPS and Fedex shipments
- Verify daily Associate Tracking Sheets for correctness.
- Direct all dock activity to ensure safety, housekeeping, flow of work for associates, product, and documentation.
- Provide supervisory coverage for both 1st and 2nd shift and other areas as needed.
- Determines method of shipment and prints tickets
- Manages the examination of outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications to ensure accuracy.
- Checks the load of each truck to verify shipment is loaded safely and accurately
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Enters shipment data into system, sends out shipping notifications, authorize and code LTL freight bills, and reconciles UPS freight bills daily/weekly.
- Must be able to drive a forklift on occasion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Proven computer abilities, Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Exposure to an ERP System.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Strong skills in supplier/vendor negotiations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Dependable and self-motivated.
Education and Experience
- Work Experience: 3 plus years required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed; occasional longer hours to complete shipments
- Education Level: High school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Startup Experience Preferred
- ITAR and / or Global Trade control experience preferred
- Experience with international shipping preferred
- Competitive Base Salary + Comission
- Opportunity that offers both international and domestic travel
- Start up enviroment geared towards entrepenurial outlook/views
- Fanastic health, dental, vision and 401k benefits
- The opportunity to bring a new technology to production and impact the manufacturing sector in a positive way that has not been done before
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.