Sr. HR Generalist - Troy, MI
Surface Solutions Segment | Troy
Job Title: Sr. HR Generalist
Location Troy, MI (Site Support, Troy MI and Plymouth MI)
Position Summary and Essential Accountabilities:
The Sr. HR Generalist is primarily responsible for supporting the HR Consulting and Operations team within a specific area and or plant location(s) in the execution of HR standards, tools, and policies. In addition, this role will support the execution of Surface Solutions People processes along with the employee lifecycle within his/her defined scope and in alignment with Surface Solutions Americas policies and procedures and Regional COEs.
- Onboard all new hires into the company and creating a “great” New Hire experience
- Administer and progress all process steps required to maintain the data quality and HRIS/HR databases
- Support HR team to maintain a high level of Employee Engagement/Satisfaction
- Demonstrate a high-degree of customer service and support when working with line managers and employees on day-to-day basis
- Manage transactional steps of the Talent Acquisition process including Onboarding
- Facilitate the Performance Management process within umatter including reporting, data management, and technical support for colleagues as needed
- Facilitate changes in Talent including consulting the business as needed throughout the process, minimizing legal cost and risk during termination proceedings, and ensure former colleagues respect throughout
- Manage in an accurate, confidential and secure manner, all employee data within his/her defined scope
- Manage and/or support payroll data processing to ensure accurate and timely payments to colleagues within his/her defined scope
- Ensure headcount reporting is accurate and timely for his/her defined scope
- Ensure aligned and effective People Communication occurs in alignment with Surface Solutions Americas policies & procedures
- Proactively support both managers and colleagues regarding Labor and Industrial relations, leadership, retention and engagement topics as needed to drive continuous improvement and growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources Management is required. PHR certification preferred.
- 5 years HR experience supporting a densely populated production/manufacturing site
- 2 years of staffing experience is required (primarily blue-collar staffing)
- Must have intermediate experience using MS Excel and PowerPoint for presentations and reporting.
- Strong proficiency working with HR databases and systems for day-to-day matters as well as analytics (i.e.; ERP system experience is a plus)
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, highly flexible and able to multi-task as well as work quickly with tight deadlines
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, retirement security contribution and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.