Inspector 3rd shift
Surface Solutions Segment | Wixom
Location: Wixom, MI
Oerlikon (SIX: OERL) is a leading high-tech industrial group specializing in machine and plant engineering. The Company is a provider of innovative industrial solutions and cutting-edge technologies for manmade fibers manufacturing, drive systems, vacuum, surface solutions and advanced nanotechnology. A Swiss company with a tradition going back over 100 years, Oerlikon is a global player with around 15 500 employees at over 170 locations in 35 countries and pro-forma sales of CHF 3.6 billion in 2013. The Company invested in 2013 CHF 146 million in R&D (pro-forma 2013), with over 1200 specialists working on future products and services. In most areas, the operative businesses rank either first or second in their respective global markets.The new Oerlikon Surface Solutions Segment has around 6,000 employees worldwide, operates 110 coating centers and generates sales in excess of CHF 1 billion. Both business units, Oerlikon Balzers and Oerlikon Metco, have been at the forefront of the development of pioneering coating technologies for decades.
The Inspector will work in a self-directed capacity in a changing environment. He/She will work with a variety of customers to understand their ongoing product needs and translate those needs into workable specifications for teammates to follow. In performing his/her daily tasks, the individual will draw upon training and experience to make important front-end and back-end processing decisions. As part of his/her primary responsibilities, this individual will also ensure that once the customers’ products have been processed they are inspected for quality, re-packaged, and shipped accurately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with customers and co-workers in a ‘customer-friendly’ manner
- Receive and inspect customer product for processing
- Establish product process sequence
- Inspect finished product
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Learn new skills and Cross-train into various department
- Act as member of the monthly ‘Quality Council’
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficient ordering supplies via the Internet
- Experience with MS Word and Internet Explorer
- Knowledge of industrial cutting tools (e.g.; drills, etc.) preferred, but not required
- Individual must have strong work ethic, be high-energy, and detailed-oriented
- Must be able to lift 30lbs
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.