Business Development Manager, Additive Manufacturing (Aerospace)
Surface Solutions Segment | Charlotte
Service Business Development Manager
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in surface solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
The Surface Solutions Segment of the Oerlikon Group includes the two brands Oerlikon Balzers and Oerlikon Metco. Oerlikon Balzers is one of the world’s leading suppliers of surface technologies that significantly improve the performance and durability of precision components as well as tools for the metal and plastics processing industries. Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces with coating solutions and equipment. The Surface Solutions Segment operates a dynamically growing network of currently more than 145 facilities with over 140 coating centers in 36 countries.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
The Service Business Development Manager is responsible to develop and identify customer and market opportunities for Additive Manufacturing services for the aerospace industry. He/she will develop sales plans based on OC capabilities and engage customers. This individual will act as or convey OC as a technical/solutions expert. The Service Business Development Manager will build trusted partner relationships that drive long term and near term sales from a solutions-based sales standpoint. He/she will possess an entrepreneurial attitude and can be aggressive but prioritize opportunities. This individual will be responsible for meeting component and sales targets for the aerospace industry vertical. The Service Business Development Manager must also have the ability to learn new verticals and technologies.
- 10+ Years of Business Development experience for an OEM or direct supplier with a successful track record within the aerospace industry.
- University degree in manufacturing technology combined with further education in business administration (lean manufacturing background or certification preferred)
- Comfortable in a start-up environment
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing production services considered a strong plus; components engineering & manufacturing to print, application engineering service provider.
Strategic mind set and outcome oriented
- Strong individual contribution, leadership experience a plus
- Self-driven, open and positive mind set with experience in international and cross-cultural business environment, entrepreneurial mind set
- Flexible to travel internationally
- English (business fluent) – other languages beneficial
- Competitive Base Salary + Comission
- Opportunity that offers both international and domestic travel
- Start up enviroment geared towards entrepenurial outlook/views
- Fanastic health, dental, vision and 401k benefits
- The opportunity to bring a new technology to production and impact the manufacturing sector in a positive way that has not been done before
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.