SAP Business Analyst(Manufacturing)
Surface Solutions Segment | Troy/Plymouth
Position: SAP Manufacturing Business Analyst
Location: Plymouth, MI – Supporting Oerlikon sites in Plymouth & Troy, Michigan
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in surface solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1 350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
The Surface Solutions Segment of the Oerlikon Group includes the two brands Oerlikon Balzers and Oerlikon Metco. Oerlikon Balzers is one of the world’s leading suppliers of surface technologies that significantly improve the performance and durability of precision components as well as tools for the metal and plastics processing industries. Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces with coating solutions and equipment. The Surface Solutions Segment operates a dynamically growing network of currently more than 145 facilities with over 140 coating centers in 36 countries.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets.Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
The position is responsible to make sure SAP Manufacturing and other applications are available for smooth running of business operations at both the sites. This person serves as a go-to person for the business users at these sites for all the manufacturing related applications (SAP being the primary) support needs. This role calls for high focus on the customer service, passion and urgency to resolve end-user issues. This resource will also function as a team member in the Americas Regional IT applications organization.
- Analysis of business processes and developing multiple solution options
- Functions as a solution architect involving SAP & Non-SAP systems.
- Strongly promote and implement SAP based Best Practices
- Set up/Configure In-Scope processes in SAP
- Develop Training content and Provide end user training
- Develop test scenarios and participate in formal test cycles such as integration test or user acceptance test
- Works closely together with other functional teams to secure system integration
- Leads projects hands-on and supports project manager.
- Closely collaborates with SAP & Business teams to identify, evaluate and implement continuous process Improvements.
- Other tasks as needed or indicated by management
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 5 to10 years of IT experience in Manufacturing Industry(Preferably Chemicals)
- Minimum 5 years of solid SAP experience in a functional role in PP/PI. Additional experience in SAP MII and/or Plant Data collection systems is highly preferred.
- Must have worked on 2 to 4 full life cycle SAP implementations.
- Experience in SAP QM, MM, PM and SD Modules is a plus.
Special Note: Business users with deep SAP PP/PI Implementation experience are highly encouraged to apply.
Oerlikon Leadership Competencies:
- Drive for Results
- Process Management
- Cooperative Relationships
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.