Regional Operational Excellence Leader - Detroit, MI
Surface Solutions Segment | Detroit
Position: Operational Excellence Regional Leader
Location: Greater Detroit Area
Department: Operational Excellence
The Operational Excellence Regional Leader will interface directly with the site leadership to execute improvements and deploy best practices and standards. Act as a driving force in the planning, developing and administering an effective Operational Excellence management program. The individual will support efforts to standardize our ways of working based on best practices, inputs from employees, and the global OOE framework. This position will provide insight through analytics as well as drive executable continuous improvement implementation efforts in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery/Service and Productivity. Ideally, this candidate would possess significant experience in both Lean Manufacturing and Process Engineering.
- Coordinates and promotes OE programs and policies. This includes utilizing industry standard Lean methodologies, change management techniques and OE technical tools to solve problems and drive improvement changes.
- Lead the coordination and completion of identified projects and serve in a training role. Develop, coach and mentor others in the plant on continuous improvement tools and Lean methodologies to develop other local leaders in the OOE programs.
- Serve as a change agent working collaboratively within and across departments, functions, and locations to help implement a culture of continuous improvement. Demonstrates the ability to transfer knowledge and skills through formal education and/or auditing/coaching processes.
- Provides technical guidance to supervisors in the investigation of near hits and safety incidents, including root cause analysis and corrective actions to prevent recurrence. Help investigations on serious EH&S incidents when assigned.
- Review layouts for value stream areas as well as OE compliance for installation of new machinery or equipment to ensure all safety and flow requirements are met, including but not limited to the sign-off/approve process for new and relocated machinery/equipment.
- Work with the OOE business line team to identify best practices related to production processes, business processes and overall standardization efforts throughout the footprint.
- Understanding, implementing and ability to further develop KPI’s and other manufacturing performance measuring systems.
- Promote employee ownership and engagement. Ability to lead focused improvement teams, as well as coordinate and facilitate team activities and lean events.
- Remain abreast of industry changes and new technology, equipment, systems, and procedures as they relate to improving the key operations.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field with advanced training and experience in Lean Manufacturing / CI (Lean/ Six Sigma Certification). Training at The Operational Excellence Institute is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a production management specifically on a continuous improvement role.
- Demonstrated in prior experience the ability to apply Lean Manufacturing tools to drive measurable and tangible improvement results.
- Leadership, strong communication, technical writing, training, analytical, time management and organizational skills.
- The ideal candidate is self-driven; possess excellent communication skills with all employees, supervisors, and managers and have demonstrated through prior work experience the ability to lead and direct teams.
- Excellent organization skills. Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage time effectively.
- Experience in handling EH&S compliance issues including evaluating/interrupting OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulations and NFPA and ANSI standards; with OSHA reporting and recordkeeping experience would be a plus.
- Demonstrates a passion for solving problems, manufacturing, and operational excellence.
- This position requires a minimum of 50% travel.
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License to operate machinery.
- Computer skills such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Physical requirements of occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, ability to crawl, climb and work in awkward places and positions
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.