Area Head, HR Consulting & Operations, North
Surface Solutions Segment | Westbury, NY
Position: Area Head, HR Consulting & Operations Manager, North
Location: Westbury, NY
Area Head of HR Consulting & Operations Manager will report directly to the Head of HR Consulting & Operations Americas within Oerlikon Surface Solutions. This is a critical “hand on” role responsible for partnering and consulting with the business in the execution of HR policies, practices and tools, acting as a point of contact for people topics, and executing people processes along the employee lifecycle in alignment with Oerlikon Centers of Excellence. This person will manage the day to day HR activities of manufacturing plants and other sites, manage HR programs including: HRIS systems, employee relations, performance management, recruiting/staffing and management coaching. They also will direct the implementation of critical corporate initiatives in support of integrations, sharing of best practices, general compliance and continuous improvement.
- Manage talent acquisition process and provide “hands on” recruiting support
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
- Manage team of HR professionals
- Manage all employee data in an accurate, confidential and secure manner and ensure all HR reporting is accurate
- Facilitate the Performance Management and Compensation Review processes including advising management, reporting, data management, and technical support
- Proactively consult with both managers and employees regarding career development, leadership, engagement and retention to drive continuous improvement and growth
- Manage the transactional Global Mobility processes are defined in the Oerlikon Global policies and in alignment with Surface Solutions Americas policies & procedures
- Ensure delivery of developmental training to all employees
- Manage and/or support payroll data processing to ensure accurate and timely payments
- Ensure effective communication occurs in alignment with Oerlikon HR objectives
- Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources Management is preferred, as well as senior level HR certification
- 10 years Human Resources management experience supporting multiple site operations and functions is required
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Organizational development, team building, and coaching experience is a must
- Must be “Data Driven” with experience in using data to drive business decision making
- Experience in transforming, implementing and driving changes within an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships within all areas of the company
- Experience with payroll system upgrades and implementation
- Advanced MS Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong proficiency working with HR databases and systems for day-to-day matters as well as analytics (i.e.; ERP system experience is a plus)
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, highly flexible and able to multi-task as well as work quickly within tight deadlines
- Must be have senior HR generalist expertise with a strong ethical, customer service, and interpersonal / collaborative work style
- 20 - 30% travel is required as necessary
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, retirement security contribution and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.