Surface Solutions Segment | Barboursville
Coatings Engineer - Barboursville, WV
- Interact with customers on technical issues
- Read and interpret prints and technical data
- Estimate process time, materials, labor and other costs for developing quotes
- Develop and implement coatings projects from startup to production in a timely manner
- Calculate and issue quotations to customers
- Support onsite spray jobs
- Problem solving in quality issues if necessary
- Support shop personnel with equipment issues, spray setups, etc.
- Generation of workscope for each part when required
- Write Tech Plans for customer parts
- Ability to read Lab reports, Micrographs, etc.
- Ability to run lab testing and process repots
- Give coating recommendations
- Ability to read micrometers, blueprints/drawings
- Excellent math skills needed to convert drawings if necessary (metric)
- Must speak English
- Auto Cad / Solid Works
- Program Robotics
- Engineering Degree
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, retirement security contribution and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.