Polisher 2nd shift
Surface Solutions Segment | Wixom, MI
Location: Wixom, MI
The Metal Finsher, under direction of the Production Manager, will provide first class metal finishing die sections and die cast tools, prior to PVD treatment according to the Oerlikon Balzers standards. This position will have significant responsability for ensuring the overall quality finish of production services provided for Forming Tools through a rigorous surface pre and post treatment. The Metal Finisher will perform special projects as directed.
- Responsible for metal finishing of stamping forming die steels and diecast tooling
- Provide additional support to the Production Manager as required
- High School diploma ( or equivalent) is required
- 3+ years experience in die making or metal finishing from a stamping, die cast or plastic injection mold shop is required.
- Must have strong proficiency working with various polishing methods and tools to achieve a mirror surface prior to coating.
- Previous quality control experience is desired as well as experience working with quality systems.
- Previous experience working with precision coatings and / or plastic mold polishing is highly desired
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel, Powerpoint and Word are are required
- Must have a strong work ethic and be a results-driven team player with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to have flexible hours and work any shift.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.