Shipping & Receiving Inspector/Polisher Richmond IN
Surface Solutions Segment | Richmond
Position: Shipping & Receiving Inspector/Polisher
Location: Richmond, IN
The Inspector / Polisher will work in a self-directed capacity in a changing environment. He/She will enter the customers’ information into computer and will conduct a visual inspection while racking pieces. They will Polish tools according to customer specifications/drawing, watching the RA and surface requirements. They will identify specific customer coating instructions. Attention to detail is critical. They will draw upon training and experience to make important processing decisions. As part of the Inspector / Polisher’s primary responsibilities, this individual will also ensure that once the customers’ products have been processed, they are inspected for quality, repackaged, and shipped in accordance with Oerlikon Balzers procedures.
- Loads the Substrates from the cleaning baskets to fixtures and visually inspects the substrates for cleanliness and is responsible for the substrates in his care.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Maintain professional attitude when dealing with customers and associates
- Understands work flow and prioritization
- Works well with deadlines
- Must be able to work independently (minimal supervision)
- Team spirit
- Polish tools according to customer specification/drawing watching the RA and surface requirements
- Receive and conduct visual inspection to customers’ product prior to processing travel card identifying process sequence
- Prepare product for coating
- Conduct visual inspection after coating following Oerlikon Balzers guidelines
- Post Polish tools on side when required
- Document coating thickness in accordance with guidelines by using XRF equipment
- Defixture and pack customer product for shipping
- Ship using various shipping software
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Cross-train into various departments
- Perform other duties as required to assure customer satisfaction
- Follow all company policies and safety rules
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Share information as required with team members
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.