Business Development Analyst - Chicago, IL
Surface Solutions Segment | Schaumburg
Position Title: Business Development Analyst
Location: Schaumburg, IL
The Business development Analyst position has the responsibility to support the region develop new areas, new customers or new industrial segments. This position will work with the Head of Sales Americas , Segment Managers & Equipment Sales to provide the right business development strategy for new markets or new areas, aligned with Oerlikon Balzers 5 year strategy. These activities will include new business acquisition, equipment sales, job coating and potential M&A targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with Weasy, CRM System
- Create strategy to develop key areas or Market segments together with the segment leader
- Support implementation of Strategies together with the Director of Sales & Operations or Head of sales and Operations of the region
- Lead equipment sales to new opportunities
- Work with External sales teams to enhance the presence of Oerlikon and boost sales in different areas
- Work together with the Senior Admin Sales and Head of Sales to explore new areas that may lead to outsourced sales forces or consultants
- This position is responsible for developing new processes to meet project needs, and for designing projects to suit the financial, operating, legal, regulatory and operating criteria elements of a project.
- Analyse, reveiw and support the Develop of the Strategy of New Areas or Industrial Segments together with Head of Sales and Segment Heads
- Not only supply prospection customers but also prospect and visit the customers, generating leads that can be handle by Territory Account Managers, Product Manager and / or Key Account Manager
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to prospect and create new business and leads in different segments and transparently communicate all relevant details and actions to the necessary stakeholders.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Intensive use of the internet to prospect as well as track industrial movements
Minimum Skills Required:
- Experience in remote Prospecting and bringing new sales leads
- Ability to follow a plan with minimum guidance
- Execute instructions precisely
- Materials process knowledge (Plastic, Ceramic, Metals)
- Coating knowledge would be appreciated
- More than 5 years of External sales experience
- Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales
Oerlikon Leadership Competencies:
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
INTEGRITY AND TRUST
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.