Tooling/Die designer (Autocad)
Surface Solutions Segment | Dayton
Position: Tooling/Die Designer
Location: Dayton, OH
The Tooling/Die Designer will report to the Tooling Manager. He/She will work under the direction of the Tooling Manager to coordinate all events related to assigned project(s). This individual will be able to work from concept to full design for fixtures & gages based on defined projects and deliver within budget and on time. The Tooling/Die Designer will also make internal presentations of project activities and results as needed.
- Design dies and guages.
- Create Bill of Materials.
- Support of attainment of the business objectives in a timely manner.
- Introduction and implementation of measures for compliance with business objectives.
- Coordination of build and release to production timelines and objectives per project within budget.
- Contact for internal customers for project status and updates.
- Weekly project updates to Tooling Manager.
- Securing highest possible internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining file directories.
- Technical degree or equivlent experience (at least 4 years of professional experience)
- Sheet Metal Stamping Knowledge 2+ years
- Minimum 10 years tool design/build experience
- Practical experience using CAD software (AutoCAD , Pro Engineer, Solidworks, and/or Solid Edge)
- Manufacturing (Automotive - Preferred)
- Experience with GD&T
- Clearly define requirements and make targets accordingly.
- Set project goals and milestones.
- Detect and solve project issues effectively.
- Leading/directing external suppliers.
- Support of Continuous Improvement activities.
- Implementation of requirements from internal and external audits and the ISO TS 16949
- Traveling to suppliers and other locations (on occasion).
- Recognize areas for internal improvement and develop plans for implementing them.
- Must make sure all measures comply with company standards and procedures.
- Resolve conflict amongst project team members.
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Study of Engineering Basics a definite plus (design, mfg, systems)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must be good with numbers and have strong analytical skills
- Competent with MS Office software
- Practical experience using CAD software (Pro Engineer, AutoCAD and/or Solid Edge)
- APQP and PPAP principles
- Internal project presentation
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, retirement security contribution and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.