Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis - Troy, MI
Surface Solutions Segment | Troy
Position: Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Location: Troy, MI
In this role you will work closely with plant management in the accounting and the financial reporting of Key Performance Indicators such as WIP, cycle count accuracy, manufacturing variances, absorption, spending, scrap risk and timing of obsolescence charges in order to support the Manufacturing team in maintaining/improving them. He or She will also provide a timely close of financials, prepare reports, handle budgets, oversee capital projects from a financial perspective (ROI, depreciation, etc.), monitor inventory levels, forecast headcount and variances and ensuring compliance with all ICS.
- Timely close of financials.
- Ensure billing and accruals are accurate at month end. This includes reserves required for scrap as well as validating accuracy for manufacturing variances to ensure there are no month over month corrections.
- Prepare monthly reports at month end for Sr. management
- Prepare annual budgets including cost center spending as well as rates for the plant. For specific cases, this will also require Hourly rates for service division.
- Review monthly financials for accuracy and report on spend compared to actuals for each group
- Monitor inventory levels of the plant.
- Advise on slow moving inventory and validate if reserves are available so material may be scrapped. Report on this weekly/monthly.
- Own the cycle counting procedure/accuracy at each plant. Audit to ensure process is followed and recorded. Work closely with Internal/external auditors when required.
- Work with Manufacturing on Capital projects, complete payback calculations for requested capital spend.
- Monitor spend for accuracy as well as creation of assets at completion. Ensure accurate depreciation of these assets (cost center and life).
- Ensure disposition of assets when necessary including validating if they are fully depreciated and having them removed from the system (if needed).
- Forecast capital spend monthly
- Forecast headcount, including approving all new hires and replacements
- Forecast variances and provisions monthly
- Complete monthly cost rolls
- Maintain compliance with all ICS throughout the plant.
- Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting (MBA preferred)
- 5+ years experience supporting a manaufacturing facility.
- Strong reporting, Excel, SAP, cost accounting and financial process knowledge
- Eood communication skills and an ability to partner with employees at all levels.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, retirement security contribution and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
- Advertised Since
P: +1 516 338 2184
Oerlikon Metco (US) Inc.
1101 Prospect Ave
11590-0201 Westbury, NY
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.