Surface Solutions Segment | Barboursville
Position: Thermal Spray Operator
Location: Barboursville, WV
The Thermal Spray Operator will be responsible for Operating Arc Spray, Combustion Spray, Plasma Spray, and HVOF coating systems in a shop atmosphere. This individual will also be responsible for working with tools and robotics to process precision parts. As needed, this individual will be need to be skilled in spraying by hand. The Thermal Spray operator will also review various job folders and drawings to determine areas of part to be masked, cleaned, grit blasted, and coated.
- Review job folders and drawings to determine areas of part to be masked, cleaned, grit blasted, and coated.
- Operate Arc Spray, Combustion Spray, Plasma Spray, and HVOF coating systems in a job shop atmosphere.
- Tooling and robotics are used to process precision parts. Some jobs will require the skill of spraying by hand.
- Setup various types of tooling, fixturing, and parts for coating.
- Prepare and spray microstructure lab samples.
- Perform in-process dimensional checks using micrometer, caliper, or other instrumentation
- Monitor machine parameters affecting the quality of the coating including console readings, and process temperatures.
- Perform routine gun, hoses, cables, and powder feeder maintenance.
- Prepare parts for thermal spraying to including cleaning, fixturing, masking, and grit blasting.
- Observe all Environmental, Health and Safety Policy requirements: Keeping work area neat and orderly at all times, Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and Wearing appropriate respiratory gear when in thermal spray booth
- High School diploma.
- 2 - 4 years thermal spray experience with HVOF, Plasma, Arc spray, and Combustion spray.
- 2 - 4 years in a thermal spray production environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lb. on a daily basis.
- Ability to perform dimensional inspection using micrometers, calipers, and other measuring devices.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and management.
- Documentation skills with basic computer and MS Office skills.
- Excellent Blueprint reading skills.
- Working knowledge with Setups, programs, and operation of multi axis robots.
- The ability to write robotic programs on above beginner level
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.