Regional Sales Manager - Europe
Drive Systems Segment | Turin
The Regional Sales Manager, Torque Hub Sales and Business Development will lead the efforts in Europe to grow the sales of Torque Hub products. The role is responsible for establishing customer contacts and relationships with key accounts for the Torque Hub product lines in Europe. Once accounts are opened and new business identified, the position will also be responsible for sales development and coordinating internal activities that will deliver the optimum bottom-line business impact. The goal is to create a critical mass of business in the European region that allows for local manufacture of product in the future.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the sales and business development of the Torque Hub product line in Europe acting as the primary local contact on existing projects and exploration of new business opportunities.
- Supports existing and future Customers in the areas of Quality, Logistics and Manufacturing. Serves as the focal point of contact for all present and future Oerlikon Drive Systems entities supplying into the European market.
- Meets with customers and prospects in their assigned territory to identify customer needs and requirements, maintain, develop and grow relationships, develop proposals and present ODS’s capabilities.
- Works with the Global Torque Hub Product Line and Global Commercial and Technical teams to develop the business plan and ‘go to market’ strategy for Torque Hub assemblies in European.
- Works with the global Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing & Program management teams worldwide to execute the plan. Monitors development of the business and ensures profitability through the industrialization process.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting quotations to Customers, and coordinates internally across the appropriate functional areas to ensure a cohesive and robust business plan is prepared for each Torque Hub opportunity.
- Ability to travel up to 50% in Europe with quarterly business reviews with North America leadership in the United States
- Proficient in the utilization of ODS best practice sales, pricing and negotiation processes, and procedures.
- Utilizes ODS systems and procedures for inquiries, proposals and CRM
- Maintain customer records, sales forecasts and publish call reports in the CRM.
- Monitor and report customer and competitor activity and changes in market conditions in their assigned territory.
Knowledge & Skills Summary:
- Given the highly visible nature of the role, the Regional Sales Manager, Torque Hub Sales and Business Development, will have the presence and poise to present complex matters in a clear and concise manner to senior leadership, and to anticipate possible areas of concern in advance.
- General management capability with proven track record in P&L management and a broad set of experience, including financial and commercial acumen, business development and complex key account management expertise
- Proven track record and ability to grow sales.
- Existing relationships with a broad array of OEM’s and Tier I’s with the ability to open the door to new potential customers.
- Demonstrated track record of penetrating new market segments and securing business with new customers.
- Strong technical aptitude and curiosity with a desire to understand a given technology or product line in order to properly communicate the advantages to current and potential customers.
- Experience in mobile equipment, construction machinery, hydraulic fluid power and power transmission markets or related experience with similar technical products.
- Highly self-motivated and results oriented individual.
- Selling, negotiations and closing skills and ability to influence decision making at all levels or an organization.
- Professional verbal and written communications skills to be able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Ability to effectively interact at all levels of the customers and ODS organizations.
Education and work Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or equivalent in experience. Degree in Engineering preferred.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience with direct sales and/or business development to OEM and Tier 1 suppliers selling engineered products and technical solutions to the European markets (Agriculture, Construction, Energy and Industrial). Experience with powertrain products preferred.
Fluent in English
Direct related experience in gears and gear boxes a plus.
Familiar with Microsoft Office products.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.