Toolmaker - Die Maintenance
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Under general supervision: knowledgeable and knows how to build tools, dies, prototype parts, jogs, fixtures and gauges to specified designs. Maintains the tooling to produce a production part within customer specification. Able to operate general shop equipment such as mills, lathes, grinders, etc.
Oerlikon Friction Systems (US) Inc. is committed to total customer satisfaction. We expect the same commitment from our employees with regards to satisfaction, customer specific requirements, workmanship, and continual quality improvements. Embraces our corporate values, goals, mission and vision.
Oerlikon Friction Systems (US) Inc. is also committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for its associates and all others visiting or working on our site. We expect all associates to actively participate in the protection of the health and safety of themselves and all others on the site as well as the conservation of resources and the protection of the environment.
Must participate and contribute in ongoing trainings to update and document job related skills, including Core tool (SPC, MSA, APQP, CONTROL PLAN, & PFMEA) as applicable to the position. The supervisors and managers will identify training for each of their respective employees.
- Reveiws and details assembly prints as required.
- Sets up and operates machine tools to machine details, grinds details to specifications, and verifies detail’s conformance to specifications.
- Computes dimmensions and plan machining and assembly operations.
- Assembles the job per the design.
- Sets up, tries out and finalizes the job per specified design and part print conformance.
- Has the knowledge and skills to review and troubleshoot the tool during the production run.
- Identifies the problem areas and corrects the problem area so production can continue.
- Examines tools and dies to determine what needs to be sharpened, polished or repaired for the next production run.
- Must statisfy quality standards.
- Must conform to current health, environmental and safety standards.
- Communicates ideas to improve the organization.
- Regular attendance, starts work on time, works the scheduled shift.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have print reading, shop math and machining skills.
- Experienced in use of micrometers and calipers.
- Ensures own safety and the safety of ohters by following all safety regulations.
- Conforms to and stays abreast of company policies.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to read and write.
- Commits to the corporate core values, goals, mission and vision.
- High School graduate or GED or equivalent experience.
- Five to seven years’ experience toolmaker/die maintenance.
- Able to prolong standing 9+ hours or more.
- The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally rquired to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Good dexterity, attention to fine details and depth perception to enable detail hand coordination.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, be able to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionaly exert 50 to 100 pounds of force.
- Near acuity or accommodations as required for reading gauges, prints and precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work overtime when required.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Friction Systems enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Friction Systems serves industries such as automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon.
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Friction Systems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Friction Systems to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Friction Systems is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.