Position: Territory Account Manager
Location: Brunswick, OH
The Territory Account Manager (TAM) will focus primarily on developing NEW business and applications where coating on cutting tools, forming tools and components are beneficial for the customers cost saving efforts. The TAM will be required to manage existing accounts in the cutting tools, mold and die, punching and forming segments in the territory. This position is also responsible for generating sales leads as well as marketing and selling PVD coating services to OEMs, end-users, and manufacturers. The TAM will be required to provide a consultative selling approach, requiring the TAM to provide top to bottom solutions and consult with Customers and their agents as well as internal Engineers and Product Managers to resolve any technical and commercial questions regarding tools arriving for treatment.
- Manage existing accounts in Illinois for all market segments and customer activities
- Develop NEWbusiness by working with production staff and Product Managers as needed
- Manage NEWgrowth projects by themselves and orchestrate support functions
- Document test results in detail and interact with segment experts nationwide and globally to solve upcoming challenges
- Grow current territory accounts, manage growth projects
- Perform prospecting in the area for future business
- Must be involved in special projects as needed
- Maintain relevant customer/account information using Balzers CRM database
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering; equivalent experience may substitute
- 3 years of experience selling in a Business-to-Businessenvironment
- 3 years of experience with service or consultative salesapproach required
- Proven track record of developing new customer accountsrequiring heavy prospecting, cold calling, appointment setting and closing ability
- Machining / tooling background / industry knowledge
- CRM knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interpret marketplace needs and translate them into products and/or services.
- Demonstrated ability to learn a complex product line quickly through self-initiative and discipline.
- Expert working with MS Office (i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) is required
- Effective verbal /writing skills and strong presentation skills
- Must be energetic, goals-driven, result-oriented, and high-energy to be effective in this role
- Must be willing to travel overnight 30%
- Travel 60%+
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.